Asmed 29th and 30th Sept 2016

Kiraly

Hi Everyone,

I just wanted to post about my upcoming surgery with Asmed this week.

I leave tomorrow (27th Sept) on the long flight. It's that what l am dreading most. Some history about me:

38 years old. Starting noticing hair loss in my late teens. Used minox for a few years then foolishly had a transplant in Australia with Dr Barry White. Was too young (only 20 yrs). The result was ok, but not completely satisfied. Most disappointing was the scar from the FUT surgery.

Hair loss has been something that has bothered me for 20years. It has made me completely insecure about myself. So much so that at my first job, l got picked on, so l just quit and walked out.

I wanted to document the procedure and my experience to help others. I used this forum plus another to settle on Asmed - l have been seriously looking for 2 years and now l finally the time has come. Here's my before photos:

Will follow with the after and progress reports!

image.thumb.jpg.9f08695fca9533a4fdf94753cc60c0e4.jpg

Hi Everyone,

I just wanted to post about my upcoming surgery with Asmed this week.

I leave tomorrow (27th Sept) on the long flight. It's that what l am dreading most. Some history about me:

38 years old. Starting noticing hair loss in my late teens. Used minox for a few years then foolishly had a transplant in Australia with Dr Barry White. Was too young (only 20 yrs). The result was ok, but not completely satisfied. Most disappointing was the scar from the FUT surgery.

Hair loss has been something that has bothered me for 20years. It has made me completely insecure about myself. So much so that at my first job, l got picked on, so l just quit and walked out.

I wanted to document the procedure and my experience to help others. I used this forum plus another to settle on Asmed - l have been seriously looking for 2 years and now l finally the time has come. Here's my before photos:

Will follow with the after and progress reports!

Good luck, by all accounts you are in good hands, so I am sure you will have a great result.

How any grafts are you having done?

Looking forward to your upcoming posts.

Edited by JustJax

So l arrived safely in Turkey. The flight was so long.

I'm awake now so thought l would post some more info.

Was greeted at the airport by a driver. I don't think he spoke much English so l didn't get

his name. Traffic in Istanbul is a nightmare btw.

Got to the clinic and was greeted by Sema who l have been in contact with throughout the process.

As others have attested the clinic is ultra modern and clean.

I met several staff including the anaesthesiologist. I met with Dr Koray where he assessed my head and we discussed hairline. I had my head shaved ( I look ridiculous btw). There were 3 other patients getting the same thing done. One patient who l thought " he doesn't need any work" was actually a repeat customer.

I got to chat with a gentleman he had the procedure done last week. He was Turkish American and came back to turkey to get the procedure with Dr Koray. He was getting his head washed and it looked really good for one week post op.

Today was the first time that l have seen the scar on the back of my head from the previous surgery. It's not as bad as l thought. It's kind of liberating shaving your head.

However, with a head like mine, l think l will prefer having hair. Lol

It has been suggested that l have 5000 grafts. Which is fine. However when l go back to the clinic in a few hours l want to discuss making my temple points smaller. Which the clinic is completely comfortable with. I've not felt pressured in any way. The hairline design has been done in full consultation.

Wish me luck. It all starts in 4 hours!

Hi Just Jax,

First part of surgery went well. They have transplanted the first 2500 grafts in the frontal region and temple points. Such a long day. It's funny l just feel a little queasy but no pain

Again I'm wide awake but not because of pain. I think jet lag still.

I come from East Coast Australia - sorry want to keep my anonymity as much as possible.

After my session today l am here for a further 3 nights.

I will post my post op photos after he 2nd session is finished - to give a better idea of the whole job.

So I have finally finished my surgery. I'm not going to lie, it was pretty tough physically. 2 days of sitting down takes its toll. But that is the price you pay l guess. Today l went back to the clinic to get a scalp wash. I'm here for another 2 nights, and all l plan on doing is staying at the hotel to ice my now swollen face and use the ATP spray they gave me every hour. I would love to site see, but l am here to make sure l get the best outcome for my self.

Here at the stats for my surgery. And l was hoping for a little feedback on whether or not (obviously the skill of surgeon and everything else aside) my characteristics would yield a good result? The only missing information from the chart is my hair microns which was ranging from 55 to 60 depending on the location on which they took the hair from:

IMG_1481.thumb.jpg.b3a676ef38b395a7b6ec9cfa2b9f757d.jpg

So I'm about 1 week post op and l need some advice. Here are a couple of pics.

What l wanted to know is your thoughts on density? And what l can expect as it starts to grow in properly?

Will the density l have now be the density that l have when l get the final result. In other words does it appear thicker the more that time passes?

Advice appreciated

IMG_1511.thumb.jpg.be07cdf6690b653e128631c1a765cbae.jpg

IMG_1512.jpg.140e6e08eb7c379709165463f000b6ce.jpg

Thanks transhair.

Do you mean that it is about only half of what l should expect my final result to be?

Are you able to read my previous post about stats and suggest what type of outcome l could expect based on them?

50% density is sort of what hair transplants aim to achieve, so I meant it doesn't really look thin compared to most transplants.

You had a huge amount of triples, which should look petty dense.

You'd need to know the surface area of the recipient to guess exact density numbers though

Ok. Thanks again! I guess l am fretting, but should try to be less so because l only had the op 6 days ago!

I'm sure that things will be fine in the end, it's just the panic merchant in me

Really look forward to watching this result progress , if you could provide us with more pre surgery photos I'd be interested to know where the 5000 grafts were placed !! Seem a lot of grafts for your loss ? Are you on mess ? How old are you ? Cheers

Hi Guys,

Just an update photo. I'm now 10 days post op.

I have noticed a couple of very small pimples, the clinic is going to suggest what to do about it - l suspect nothing.

All the scabs are off but my head is super dry, almost like dandruff - the clinic has recommended aloe vera which l will try tonight.

Would like to hear your feedback about how l am progressing and any tips about the pimples and dry scalp.

IMG_1529.thumb.jpg.17667cbf261852494534f6da3e202446.jpg

Hi Guys,

I have noticed a couple of very small pimples, the clinic is going to suggest what to do about it - l suspect nothing.

All the scabs are off but my head is super dry, almost like dandruff - the clinic has recommended aloe vera which l will try tonight.

Would like to hear your feedback about how l am progressing and any tips about the pimples and dry scalp.

Asmed doctor erdogan ??

Hi Guys,

Hi Kiraly, how's the dryness? Did the Aloe Vera help? I think I'm going to need to use it too. My recipient area and about a cm (just under half an inch) below my hairline is super flaky dry so curious as to whether you feel it's helped?

Hi JustJax,

I have used the aloe vera a couple of times. I checked with th clinic,and they said to apply at night, but to wash it off in the morning - and to use every second day.

I guess it's helped a little, hard to tell.

I've started noticing little hairs falling out and hair looking a little patchy. I think l am starting to shed my transplanted hair. The instruction manual said that this can happen from one week post op.

How u travelling?

Hi JustJax,

I have used the aloe vera a couple of times. I checked with th clinic,and they said to apply at night, but to wash it off in the morning - and to use every second day.

I guess it's helped a little, hard to tell.

I've started noticing little hairs falling out and hair looking a little patchy. I think l am starting to shed my transplanted hair. The instruction manual said that this can happen from one week post op.

How u travelling?

Okay thanks. I'll order some Aloe Vera ready. My skin is so so dry at the moment. Can't wait to shower properly soon. What do you mean by Travelling? I fly back last Friday from Istanbul so no travelling planned.

• 2 months later...

Hi Guys,

It's been a while since l posted any update. I'm pretty much 4 months as of now. I wanted some feedback on my progress. I feel that my left hairline is a little weak compared to the other. Is it too early to tell?

Also, l have little black dots which are obviously hairs about to start growing. But l wanted to know, at this stage of my recovery, if l cannot see black dots does it mean new hair isnt

coming? Or have people seen basically bare skin, then bam hair is there?

Thanks in advance

IMG_1760.thumb.JPG.ead72f4f953b0881486fb6d516694ccd.JPG

IMG_1764.thumb.JPG.7efad69eb9806094765361ac52c13d17.JPG

IMG_1761.thumb.JPG.f4605ba5dac3788fdcbf9eb083ad2666.JPG

IMG_1766.thumb.JPG.63522bc392abcbf73056691d322cf50c.JPG

Hi Guys,

It's been a while since l posted any update. I'm pretty much 4 months as of now. I wanted some feedback on my progress. I feel that my left hairline is a little weak compared to the other. Is it too early to tell?

Also, l have little black dots which are obviously hairs about to start growing. But l wanted to know, at this stage of my recovery, if l cannot see black dots does it mean new hair isnt

coming? Or have people seen basically bare skin, then bam hair is there?

Thanks in advance

Hi Kiraly, its a little difficult to compare to because your one before pic isn't the best to really see what the hairline looked like before. 4 months is still quite early days but you should definately be seeing some growth. Do you have any pre-HT hair line pictures to better compare the progress? Also, in terms of dots, they are hairs that are about to pop through the scalp so it shouldn't mean more new hair isn't coming, but just not right now. I am about a month behind you and 2-3 weeks ago the very front was much weaker compared to the temples, but that has improved in the last few weeks. Have a look back at some of the other detailed threads and I think you'll find comments where people notice significant changes around the 5-6 month period.

• 9 months later...