Realistic results after 6 months?

That is very possible. It depends on how soon the hair growth starts after the procedure. If you start right at 3 months then at 6 months you will have 3 months of growth already. However, if you don't start getting growth until months 4-5 then you will only have 1-2 months of growth at that point.

Six months will give you a very good picture of how things are coming along but the best growth I've seen with the hair transplants I've had is around month eight.

I don't know if there's 50% more growth of new grafts coming in (that seems like a very high percentage). As I recall, mostly, I just recall the hair gaining density. Whether that was more from additional grafts coming in or the regrowth coming in stronger (hair diameter wise), either way, my concern was that I was gaining density and I'm certain that I was.

Granted, each individual is different, so give it time.

Edited by steve0580

In my case my first HT resulted in about 10 or 15% of the grafted hairs remaining from the beginning, at least in my frontal area. I know this because I have greying temples and had dark brown hairs added to improve the temple points and frontal hairline. Some of these grafts stayed, in stark contrast to my original hairs. My directive was to not dye hair in the recipient area for a year, so I dealt with this.

At the six moth point, some of my recipient area was still red. I thin I noticed definite hair growth by the nine month point. In other words, it was a long wait.

Everyone is different. The 6 month mark finds different HT patients at very different points. Some lucky devils have very early growth and some are just gearing up at 6 months. Also, some grafts that have 2,3, or 4 hairs start out as 1s when they "awaken" and then become 2s,3s, and 4s later on, adding a lot more density as time passes. Many people note continued additional density even beyond the 1 year mark. Your hair follicles do not read the textbook on how to behave. :-)

Thanks for the reply fellas..

I had a HT fut April 7 for my front and mid. And I'm going next month for another HT, but this time FUE for my crown and the fut scar.

The thing is... Since I'm going for a HT next month anyways.. I was thinking maybe add some more grafts to the front. I guess I'll wait for the day of surgery and see what the doctor recommends.

Thanks for the reply fellas..

I had a HT fut April 7 for my front and mid. And I'm going next month for another HT, but this time FUE for my crown and the fut scar.

The thing is... Since I'm going for a HT next month anyways.. I was thinking maybe add some more grafts to the front. I guess I'll wait for the day of surgery and see what the doctor recommends.

Both my FUT & FUE Hts seem to spike at 7 to 8 months & noticed little progress after that.

If you're going with 3000 grafts, another 1000 will cost less than $800. for the 4000 graft package, if Dr Nader's prices haven't changed since last year.

For me it looked good at 6 months. I was a fast grower. I'd say it was at about 65% grown in then.

The one year mark was when every hair was growing nicely, the hairs had thickened, and i was satisfied.

MrMatt did you take Biotin? I took a ton of biotin for the first 6 months after my ht.

Etownone post some pics

Both my FUT & FUE Hts seem to spike at 7 to 8 months & noticed little progress after that.

If you're going with 3000 grafts, another 1000 will cost less than $800. for the 4000 graft package, if Dr Nader's prices haven't changed since last year.

Hey MrMatt.... I'm only scheduled for one day, so the most he does in one day is 3000.

So for the crown and fut scar... I'd like the full 3000 grafts placed there, but... 3 consultations, including Dr Nader, have said the crown they can fit like 2000-2200, and the fut scar like 2-300...

I got pretty good results now being at the 5 month mark so far, I just don't think I'll be growing any more new grafts.

Heres a collage if pics... The 3 on the left are the ONE month mark, and the 3 on the right are at the FIVE month mark

20160914_063226.thumb.jpg.51bf3445ab42b6a50c28d97afcd8d798.jpg