Always bring your Dr. letter with you in your carry-on gear!!

hsrp10

So I flew over to Europe recently to have some minor temple point work done, and after being through several HT procedures both overseas and domestic and also being a member of the HRN since 2010 I know the ins and outs pretty well. :cool:

However, on my return international flight home, I encountered something for the first time ever where an overzealous flight attendant (sorry "chief purser"..) called me out in front of everyone and asked if I was fit to fly when boarding the airplane.

Even after reassuring her, she came to my seat and said "we need to talk."

She dragged me back to the galley and demanded an explanation, I guess she had thought I had underwent brain surgery or whatever as my temple points were red and I was wearing a bandage with some blood on it on the back of my head.

Thank god I had remembered to carry the doctor letter with me in my iPad case which I quickly showed her.

Otherwise I'm sure she would have tried to remove me from the flight and that would have royally sucked.... :rolleyes:

go dense or go home

Unbiased advice and opinions based on 25 plus years of researching and actual experience with hair loss, hair restoration via both FUT & FUE, SMP, scalp issues including scalp eczema & seborrheic dermatitis and many others

HSRP10's favorite FUT surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr Hasson, Dr. Rahal

HSRP10's favorite FUE surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr. Bisanga, Dr. Erdogan, Dr. Couto

(*indicates actual experience with doctor)

Great smart advice. Then get kicked of the plane deal with police. Airlines do not f around with idiots like you anymore. You will be arrested and in some instances banned from flying their airline for life. You have never had a procedure and every comment you make is useless. hrsp10 sorry you went through this. Wish you a great recovery.

I'm shocked to hear this. but I agree that the best course of action in this case is to comply. You can't get uppity with the airline personal these days...unless you're a celebrity of course. :)

Good thing you had that letter on you!

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

In my younger days that's probably how I would handled it by telling her to "get outta my face lady" lol

But as the guys mentioned above, you have to be careful these days otherwise risk being called an "unruly passenger" with air marshalls then coming to get you and ending up on the 6 o'clock news :rolleyes:

Anyway, she has since been educated and hope others won't have to go through this.

go dense or go home

Unbiased advice and opinions based on 25 plus years of researching and actual experience with hair loss, hair restoration via both FUT & FUE, SMP, scalp issues including scalp eczema & seborrheic dermatitis and many others

HSRP10's favorite FUE surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr. Bisanga, Dr. Erdogan, Dr. Couto

You shouldve done what I did, I told customs I was attacked by a grizzly bear.

They believed me too.

I got the sympathy treatment for my entire flight.

I felt a little bad aboot lying, but sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do :D

your story doesn't surprise me.. they're just making sure as you mentioned that you won't have any type of medical emergency up in the air, believe me I've witnessed it first hand. I was on a flight with a gentleman who had an oxygen tank which ran out of oxygen mid-flight, the plane had to make an emergency landing in Florida, all the while the flight attendants were well aware of his medical situation and allowed him to get on the flight. After we landed and the gentleman was taken off our flight to be looked after by EMS crew, passengers started becoming furious at the flight crew since people were going to miss their connections, etc. We were delayed for take off and I ended up home 12 hours later than I should have originally. So while you describe an annoying experience, I think she was doing her job and doing it right. I too traveled to Canada and kept my doctor's letter on me at all times!

You shouldve done what I did, I told customs I was attacked by a grizzly bear.

They believed me too.

I got the sympathy treatment for my entire flight.

I felt a little bad aboot lying, but sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do :D

Not sure how many grizzlies there are in Belgium (I can think of other modern versions to spin it these days...), but that's a great idea!

I almost spit out my morning coffee reading that :D Glad that worked for you man.

go dense or go home

your story doesn't surprise me.. they're just making sure as you mentioned that you won't have any type of medical emergency up in the air, believe me I've witnessed it first hand. I was on a flight with a gentleman who had an oxygen tank which ran out of oxygen mid-flight, the plane had to make an emergency landing in Florida, all the while the flight attendants were well aware of his medical situation and allowed him to get on the flight. After we landed and the gentleman was taken off our flight to be looked after by EMS crew, passengers started becoming furious at the flight crew since people were going to miss their connections, etc. We were delayed for take off and I ended up home 12 hours later than I should have originally. So while you describe an annoying experience, I think she was doing her job and doing it right. I too traveled to Canada and kept my doctor's letter on me at all times!

I knew she was yeah, but these days lots of people having hair transplants done so hope she will keep it in mind next time.

go dense or go home