PRP (Plasma Rich Platelets) following a hair transplant

I had PRP twice for both of my transplants. It has no effect on hair growth. Doctors who say this are merely into for gaining money from clueless patients. I was clearly told PRP aids in faster healing which for both times for me was true. My redness diminished within 4-6 weeks and both times the recovery from the surgeries was a breeze

So a very knowledgeable man on here recently told me not to have a PRP treatment following a hair transplant. I believe him. He said I would risk temporary or even permanent shock hair loss if I did so. Has anyone tried this before or experienced this or heard about this?

I wouldnt say I'm super knowledgable. I'm just going by what Leindub wrote.

See here: http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/184522-how-does-prp-work.html

My question is this, do you really wanna mess with your $15,000 investment??

I certainly dont!

Here's another thread on PRP: http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/183635-prp-worth.html

So a very knowledgeable man on here recently told me not to have a PRP treatment following a hair transplant. I believe him. He said I would risk temporary or even permanent shock hair loss if I did so. Has anyone tried this before or experienced this or heard about this?

WARNING, and I stress the word warning, do not do it.

You risk shockloss. Late May of this year, I was five and a half months into my hair transplant, and really pleased with the progress to date.

Returned to my surgeon for scar repair of an old FUT scar. He gave me a complimentary PRP treatment for my scalp.

End of week one to twelve weeks, I have had a considerable shed.

In ten days I'll be four months post PRP and still yet see no improvement in the shed regrowing.

As of now I feel it has ruined my hair transplant, most likely shockloss, I am just hoping the shedding is temporary.

Finally, why risk permanent shockloss or making your hair look crap for months for a TEMPORARY gain, that is if you get one and don't get shockloss.

STAY AWAY FROM PRP, would be my advice.

Edited by leindub

As of now I feel it has ruined my hair transplant, most likely shockloss, I am just hoping the shedding is temporary

Can you do us favor, and update your progress around February 2017, just to see if your shockloss was permanent??

Thanks in advance