Can a transplanted hairline lay flat on the forehead?

I am scheduled for a HT and have some questions on what to expect in the styling of my hair.

Currently, I wear my hair down and to the side on my forehead (although there's less and less of it to speak of-- thus, the HT). It seems to me that practically all of the "after" photos for HT's, seem to show the patient wearing their hair "up" or pushed back to expose the hair line. Is this generally because in these pictures the doctors want to expose or show off the hair line in the photograph to show their work?

I rarely see a HT picture where the the patient wears their hair pushed down or to the side as I do. I just want to make sure that there is not something in the nature of transplanted hair that makes it sort of stick up rather than lay flat.

It might be odd if all of a sudden, not only do I have more hair but I am styling in completely different by wearing it up.

Yes, the photos are showing off a hairline, but because of density and hair angling, the two methods used to create the ILLUSION of a full head of hair, certain styling choices don't look as good.

Slicked back or to the side often appears fuller.

Hair loss patient and transplant veteran. Once a Norwood 3A.

Received 2,700 grafts with coalition doctor on 8/13/2010

Received 2,380 grafts with Dr. Steven Gabel on 9/30/2011

Received 1,820 grafts with Dr. Steven Gabel on 7/28/2016

I actually had this question answered a while ago by Dr Bloxham and your hair combed forward creates more of an illusion of density then it would combed backwards because of the natural layering affect the hair takes sort of over lapping each other which makes it look fuller. so in short yes you can.

I actually had this question answered a while ago by Dr Bloxham and your hair combed forward creates more of an illusion of density then it would combed backwards because of the natural layering affect the hair takes sort of over lapping each other which makes it look fuller. so in short yes you can.

That's interesting. I always thought combing it back created more of an illusion of density. Maybe if Dr Bloxham comes across this thread he could elaborate further. As creating the illusion of density is why we are all here...

here's the quote he said to me a while back..

You can absolutely still sport a "Caesar" hair style after a hair transplant procedure. In fact, it would make us hair restoration guys look like heroes because the style lends itself to a very filled, covered appearance! Haha.

I'll tell you why you don't see it though: it's a style guys use to generally camouflage their thinning or non-existent frontal scalp. We see guys with a Caesar pre-hair transplant during consultations all the time. One of the most common things they say is: "I want more style options than just combing all the hair forward to cover up the thinning in the front."

However, you absolutely can still chose this style if you want to. BUT, you don't have to if you don't want to. You should have a number of realistic style options post transplant.

here's the quote he said to me a while back..

You can absolutely still sport a "Caesar" hair style after a hair transplant procedure. In fact, it would make us hair restoration guys look like heroes because the style lends itself to a very filled, covered appearance! Haha.

I'll tell you why you don't see it though: it's a style guys use to generally camouflage their thinning or non-existent frontal scalp. We see guys with a Caesar pre-hair transplant during consultations all the time. One of the most common things they say is: "I want more style options than just combing all the hair forward to cover up the thinning in the front."

However, you absolutely can still chose this style if you want to. BUT, you don't have to if you don't want to. You should have a number of realistic style options post transplant.

Thanks Wwiizzkkiidd24... very interesting response from Dr Bloxham.

I've been sporting a Caesar style for that very reason. But more options would be great.

One thing though, he didn't actually explain why hair combed forward creates more of an illusion of density than when combed back.