Randomly came across this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i7862PEY6nY. I guess the concept is you excise grafts of scar tissue using an fue punch and then the body heals by creating new collagen somehow shrinking the scar. It kind of reminded me of the whole microneedling/dermabrasion thing that I've heard people have had success with.

Could this end up being a good solution for FUT scars? Seeing as few people seem to have luck with traditional scar excisions and Fue depletes the donor area and still causes scarring, not to mention it's expensive af.

Interesting. I think ".." proposes the best theory as to how this may make the scar contract. But I still don't think it's enough retractable distance to make a cosmetic difference, nor do I think the "scar within the scar" would contract well regardless because it is no longer normal tissue you're trying to make contract; it's scar. And you run the risk of just creating more scar within the scar itself and potentially adding more disruption to the surface of the scar.

Dr. Blake Bloxham is recommended by the Hair Transplant Network.

Hair restoration physician - Feller and Bloxham Hair Transplantation

Previously "Future_HT_Doc" or "Blake_Bloxham" - forum co-moderator and editorial assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, Hair Restoration Network, Hair Loss Q&A blog, and Hair Loss Learning Center.

Click here to read my previous answers to hair loss and hair restoration questions, editorials, commentaries, and educational articles.

Now practicing hair transplant surgery with Coalition hair restoration physician Dr Alan Feller at our New York practice: Feller and Bloxham Hair Transplantation.

Please note: my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

And there is always the risk of making the scars raised and red as well.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

• Moderators

I basically had this done over 20 years ago in an attempt to eliminate space between plug grafts in the recipient area. It doesn't work.

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

I don't think this idea or concept makes any sense. Firstly, it would take a whole lot of extractions to excise the entire FUT scar. Moreover as Spex said, FUE leaves scarring too...so Lord only knows how that's supposed to make the scar heal. If anything, I would think it would be worse looking. I honestly don't see how this would be effective. Frankly, it sounds like a giant waste of time and money.

Best wishes,

Bill