2 Weeks Post-Op 4000+ FUE Grafts with Dr. Vories

• 2 weeks later...

Pretty Cool. You seem to have quite fine hair which do not provide the best coverege compared to thicker hairs. But still, it looks good. Very natural. No weird scarring. Good stuff. 12 months will be interesting. One additional transplant to the hairline would probably do alot extra. If you can get a thicker hairline all around, this would increase the illution of density quite a bit. But hey, maybe you will have that at 12 months...

• 2 months later...

looks great congratulations. How many months is it? Did you tell anyone you had a ht? Did anyone notice? How about styling now, can you shave your sides down low or can you see the fue marks? can you style your hair easy now do you have to keep it longer or can you go shorter if needed? Just curious and sorry for so many questions! Have been contemplating the same procedure and I'm at the same norwood or worse than you were so still not sure if I can pull it off but very happy for you!

Thanks, I'm just approaching 9 months. I did not tell anyone that I had one, other than of course my wife. People have noticed that I let my hair grow out, but I think it has a lot to do with your normal day to day look. Also, most people are pretty naive in regards to hair, unlike us...who you could probably say obsess over it. I let my hair grow out in the past, and used concealer to pull off a short hair style, but most people don't know about concealer, or what to look for. Then, when I felt my hair was too far gone for concealer, I buzzed it super short, which then looks like a choice to most. After my HT I wore a hat, and still do, on most days...so no one really ever saw my head. When it grew out, and I would style my hair...people would just say..."I never see you without a hat"...or "didn't know you had hair"...and I'd just make a snappy remark and move on. Again...most people either just don't care, or are dumb in regards to hair.

If you look back at my early pics, everything up to 4 months was shaved with a 1/2 guard, and 4 months was with a 1. Being that they are still pics, you might be able to detect some thinning from fue...but I didn't see it IRL. My new pics were with a 3, and it gives me the "short sides" look I like. I could easily do a 1-2. In fact. I could buzz my head with a 1 all over and not see fue marks.

For now I think this is as short as I'd want it, as it helps to look more full and gives coverage to some spots that may still be a little thin.

If you are worse than I was I would think you'd want more than 4k...that is unless your hair is considerably thicker/coarser. I'm planning on going back for about 1500 more.

Tremendous change from the starting point! A matching haircut like yours helps as well. Hope you get a little more growth in the crown area (as it often takes longer there) and then you are in a better position than most in your age.

Edited by Gasthoerer

• 1 month later...
  • 10 months later...