2 Weeks Post-Op 4000+ FUE Grafts with Dr. Vories

I just hit the 2 week post-op mark from my 4,000+ graft FUE with Dr. Vories.

Background info...I am 35 and I have been stable on the big three for the past 7+ years. I would say that I was a NW5.

I have to say that I am glad that I found Dr. Vories via this board, as I feel as though I had a great experience. He did the surgery over a 2 day period, with 2000+ grafts per day. Both he and his staff were EXTREMELY helpful and considerate, and they made the entire process as easy as one could have hoped for. The surgery itself was as close to completely painless as one could hope for...with the known exception of the initial shots (which I will say were not as bad as I was expecting after reading of some others' experiences). In fact it was so painless that I had a hard time even staying awake during the process...and when I was awake I was either extremely relaxed, or watching a movie. Again...if the actual surgery portion is what is giving you pause...DO IT...it was nothing. And in terms of cost...well I think he's tough to beat inside the U.S.

While I am going through a bit of the normal anxiety that we all read about, I knew exactly what to expect after reading up on these boards for the past few years, and I am doing my best to be patient and await what I expect to be awesome results.

Thanks to everyone that posted their experiences with Dr. Vories, it definitely helped me make up my mind to pull the trigger on this.

Ask any questions, good or bad, and I will be happy to answer.

Below are my 2 week post-op pics:

FRk3UzV.jpg?1

HaiVimb.jpg

xLWmEhp.jpg

CCyVJOn.jpg

3ib2GFj.jpg

t2UYESn.jpg

Amazing healing of both donor and recipient in just two weeks. As you chart progress, it would be good to go back in and edit your original post to include any pre-op pictures for reference. Those are always helpful for everyone. Would also be good to know what you/Vories are planning in terms of aiding the growth and maintenance, be it with Rogaine, Propecia, etc.

Happy growing.

• Administrators

Congrats man i will echo tav amazing recovery, it would be extremely hard to tell you had surgery. Happy growing im sure this will be a homerun.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Thanks guys. I will try to find some before pics, but Dr. Vories has the actual pre-op pics. As far as meds go I plan to continue on 1mg fin/Rogaine/Niz regiment that has kept me stable thus far. I have already started to apply Rogaine foam and haven't had the redness that many have mentioned.

Thanks again...depending on lighting and angle...you can still see some of the donor site puncture marks. They are still improving on a daily basis and I would think that after another week or two they will basically be invisible. Of course, that is me twisting and turning in the bathroom "trying" to see them...I doubt most people would be looking that hard at your head.

Yes I did get grafts in my crown, my 4000 grafts were split 2k in back, 2k in front. Here is a pic after the 1st day with the grafts implanted

bFmq2Ex.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

A couple of notables:

The scarring was essentially invisible at 3 months and with a #1/2 guard...for those that are curious about being able to buzz their hair. The top was a #1

I feel like I had a burst of growth at around 3.5 months...and I have decided to let my hair grow starting now. The 4 month pics were probably at a #2 guard length...maybe a little shorter.

• 1 month later...