VIDEO Hair greed. Repair case wants more! Where to put it?

This guy, and his family, have all been repair cases of mine. They're a nice bunch of fellows and this guy in particular looks great. But like his two bothers....he constantly thinks he needs more hair. He walked in a few weeks ago and looks completely natural. What a change from when we first got a hold of him.

Now he would like just "a little more density" along that hairline. It'll be tough, given that we've packed him pretty tightly and he has fine black hair and really white skin. But I imagine we can find room for a few hundred singles later this year. Whether that makes a cosmetic difference to anyone other than him, and his magnifying mirror, is hard to know. I'm pretty sure we can improve things a little with very little actual risk...but as I've posted many, many times, perfection is the enemy of good.

If he moves forward, I'll update his story. In the meantime, take a look.

Dr. Lindsey

William H. Lindsey, MD, FACS

McLean, VA

Dr. William Lindsey is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

Got to love it when patients are able to get to the "hair greed" phase!

He looks great. Let us know if you do head back in one more time.

Dr. Blake Bloxham is recommended by the Hair Transplant Network.

Hair restoration physician - Feller and Bloxham Hair Transplantation

Previously "Future_HT_Doc" or "Blake_Bloxham" - forum co-moderator and editorial assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, Hair Restoration Network, Hair Loss Q&A blog, and Hair Loss Learning Center.

Click here to read my previous answers to hair loss and hair restoration questions, editorials, commentaries, and educational articles.

Now practicing hair transplant surgery with Coalition hair restoration physician Dr Alan Feller at our New York practice: Feller and Bloxham Hair Transplantation.

Please note: my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

Once you've had any type of cosmetic procedure, it's easy to see how so many people fall victim to the mentality of always wanting "one more thing" done. Living and working around Beverly Hills/LA, I see people on a daily basis who suffered from some sort of "cosmetic greed" and probably should've quit while they were ahead.

He looks great though and is undoubtedly in good hands should he decide to move forward with these crucial 300 extra grafts. :rolleyes:

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My views/opinions are my own and don't necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

Check out my hair loss website for photos

FUE surgery by Dr. Mohebi on 7/31/14
2,001 grafts - Ones: 607; Twos: 925; Threes: 413; Fours: 56

How many grafts was his case with you, and how many were used in his prior two procedures? Would you plan to shave the recipient if you/he decided to add more?

As others have said, he looks terrific already!

• 5 weeks later...

Well....we just put another 500 in some selected spaces along his hairline. Will this make a cosmetic difference to anyone standing 4 feet away? Not likely. Will he have shockloss? Definitely. Did the guy think this through and make a REASONABLE choice for him? Yes. I think he'll fret less and we put the rest in an area of his crown.

He'll be in for periodic checks...and I'll get a video to compare this to next year. I've repaired him and his 2 brothers and while none scars well and they could clean the recipient area better...they do grow well and are a nice bunch.

Dr. Lindsey

McLean, VA

Dr. William Lindsey is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

How many total grafts has he had? You mentioned that he has done hair? Didn't look fibe but it's hard to tell. What Norwood without transplants would he be?

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

Dr Lindsey,

you could shave about a inch off his hairline, give him a sleeping tablet, put a few little needle pricks front & back when he wakes up tell him hes done.

Take his money

in 12 months he be back & be very happy with the result, even though you did no grafting.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Doing a second case on this guy's younger brother right now. After a valium...he agrees, guy in this video has a fine hairline and ought to sit tight! And its almost certainly all the of those guys' destiny to lose the middle third and maybe crown....so they need to conserve hair for the future.

Dr. Lindsey

McLean, VA