declaring money

It probably varies country to country. I would check with the country or countries that you plan to visit to be sure.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

Yeah is that outside of the EU though.. because I heard some places won't allow you to bring there currency into their country or am I wrong. how did you pay for your procedure did you change into their currency or did you wait till you got in that country or did you pay by credit card and if so did you get charged for it paying by card?

A few points :-

- Exchange controls vary from country to country - there are no hard and fast rules.

- A lot of clinics will request payment (either full amount or a deposit) to be wired in advance (particularly for foreign patients) in which case you won't have any concerns with currency limits.

- Sometimes the final graft count and total cost is unknown which may require a balance payment on the day.

As an example, I have just had a third procedure done in a foreign country. In each case I requested the maximum number of grafts possible. They agreed to do a certain minimum number of grafts based on the photos. I wired the advance payment for the agreed minimum.

The clinic were able to achieve more than the minimum number of grafts. I paid the balance costs in cash when the procedure was finished. Payment was made in USD (their preference) and not local currency.

On my most recent procedure, the balance payment exceeded the cash I brought. I paid the shortfall using my credit card. There was no problem with this arrangement and I wasn't subject to any additional charges with the credit card.