Minoxidil after FUE - or not? (cheating...)

Just had a FUE four weeks ago in China where I am currently working. Despite that the room of the operation looks more like dirty slaughter house, everything did go well. I did not suffer from scab, and all the hair have grown out. I am just waiting the hair to shed, only a few have left the scalp until now.

The clinic provides free Minoxidil and recommends the patients to use it. I am not that fancy of that idea.. Why? I have never use it before, if I use it now for one year this affects also the non-transplanted hairs. So in one year, by the revisit and final evaluation of the result, the final result will be combination of the FUE AND the Minoxidil. The patient getting cheated thinking the result he sees is from the FUE..

Am I right about this or wrong?

Never used creams or nutrition supplement, and do not want to start with it. I have no panic to get it out quicker. Don’t want to cream, massage and stare at my scalp every morning and evening. Just want to relax and when the hair comes it comes…

The question if is the Minoxidil could affect the final result or not. Does is affect the survival rate of the hairs?

Thanks,

Just had a FUE four weeks ago in China where I am currently working. Despite that the room of the operation looks more like dirty slaughter house, everything did go well. I did not suffer from scab, and all the hair have grown out. I am just waiting the hair to shed, only a few have left the scalp until now.

The clinic provides free Minoxidil and recommends the patients to use it. I am not that fancy of that idea.. Why? I have never use it before, if I use it now for one year this affects also the non-transplanted hairs. So in one year, by the revisit and final evaluation of the result, the final result will be combination of the FUE AND the Minoxidil. The patient getting cheated thinking the result he sees is from the FUE..

Am I right about this or wrong?

Never used creams or nutrition supplement, and do not want to start with it. I have no panic to get it out quicker. Don’t want to cream, massage and stare at my scalp every morning and evening. Just want to relax and when the hair comes it comes…

The question if is the Minoxidil could affect the final result or not. Does is affect the survival rate of the hairs?

Thanks,

There are perhaps 5 hair transplant doctors in the world who I would allow to operate on me.

Your clinic's operating room "looks more like a dirty slaughter house" and yet here you are with Minoxidil and an FUE surgery in hand. What a gamble.

May I ask you how much your hair is worth to you? In other words, how much did you pay for your surgery?

I do wish you well. Happy growing. Do you have any pictures?

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.

The clinic probably recommended the use of minoxidil to jump start your grafts. It is also possible that they recommended the use for a thinning area not involving the recipient zone. I would get this clarified from them.

IMHO, it is not essential to use minoxidil to jump start the regrowth. If the procedure was performed competently, the regrowth will occur on it's own without the use of minoxidil.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

I think a lot of people use Minoxidil after HT (on the surface it seems like a good idea to potentially promote blood flow) but I do not know if there is any hard evidence that it really does anything either way. Many HT docs say avoid minoxidil for a few weeks after surgery, but beyond that I suspect at the worst it would do nothing.

Your clinic's operating room "looks more like a dirty slaughter house" and yet here you are with Minoxidil and an FUE surgery in hand. What a gamble.

Everything looked fine before that point, nice reception, consultation office great and and. Just the day of the surgery, after paying, getting shaved, all set, I got the shock entering. They did two patients in the same room the same time.

Lessont learnt: always demand to see the operating room...

Fimax, my doc suggested I use minox but I decided not to do it. I'm seeing early-to-normal rate of HT growth. So I would say it's not a big deal if you don't use it. I hear/read that it's a pain in the ass :-)

3185 FUT with Dr. Rahal on 2/17/16

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/182611-fut-3185-dr-rahal-day-after-pics.html

1204 FUT with Dr. Rahal on 3/27/17

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/186586-round-2-rahal-1204-fut-frontal-third-same-area.html

---> total of 4389 grafts to my frontal third via FUT

---> 1mg finasteride daily since 1999:)

For those who do decide to use it to jump start their grafts, just make sure the recipient area is healed before applying it...:rolleyes:

Gillenator

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

I'm 15 weeks post op and I just started back using minox. I have light skin and it was really making the redness worse.

I doubt it will make a huge difference, but it can help with growth after HT I understand.

I'm 15 weeks post op and I just started back using minox. I have light skin and it was really making the redness worse.

I doubt it will make a huge difference, but it can help with growth after HT I understand.

The worsening redness is probably due to the endless amount of alcohol based additives in minoxidil products.

Gillenator