Hi Everyone,

First time posting here in the forum.I did quite a bit of research and have made up my mind to proceed with HT but don't know which doctor to go with and what precautions i have to take. So asking fellow forum members to guide me in this journey.

27 yr old East Indian Male with traction alopecia and family history of male pattern baldness. Though everyone in family got it in mid 40's. Not into styling my hair so much, but need dense hairline (fix the receded part) and fixing the temples/sideburn. What are the pre n post op considerations. And correct me if i am wrong but i need 50 hair / sq cm or 50 graft / sq cm.

Obviously cost will be a deciding factor but not too concerned about saving pennies if quality isn't there. Second concern is i've seen lot of people getting hairline fixed but side temples are not brought down and inwards enough and it looks fake.

I live in vancouver bc. Looked into Dr hassan n wong (Vancouver), Dr rahal (Toronto) , Dr bhatti (India) and Dr Sohi (India) . Canadian doctors are performing FUT mainly and even then with cost and scar, cant really justify it. Indian doctors on other side are cheaper but once you add in flight n stay it comes down to same number.

Please advise.

5b32ed4e4af81_2016-06-2120_23_15.thumb.jpg.382bdaeba4a4829e875b9e1f53a0a4a1.jpg

5b32ed4e7471a_2016-06-2120_23_18.thumb.jpg.6ce4c6b462e2ffbdf1fafa3f871e691f.jpg

5b32ed4e94344_2016-06-2120_23_26.thumb.jpg.39c0f8ff4c80f20ebfe9a56fa13b0e12.jpg

5b32ed4eb6a32_2016-06-2120_24_23.thumb.jpg.84d70120a2a3320bc5ba4aeb33f1fb3b.jpg

Hi Everyone,

First time posting here in the forum.I did quite a bit of research and have made up my mind to proceed with HT but don't know which doctor to go with and what precautions i have to take. So asking fellow forum members to guide me in this journey.

27 yr old East Indian Male with traction alopecia and family history of male pattern baldness. Though everyone in family got it in mid 40's. Not into styling my hair so much, but need dense hairline (fix the receded part) and fixing the temples/sideburn. What are the pre n post op considerations. And correct me if i am wrong but i need 50 hair / sq cm or 50 graft / sq cm.

Obviously cost will be a deciding factor but not too concerned about saving pennies if quality isn't there. Second concern is i've seen lot of people getting hairline fixed but side temples are not brought down and inwards enough and it looks fake.

I live in vancouver bc. Looked into Dr hassan n wong (Vancouver), Dr rahal (Toronto) , Dr bhatti (India) and Dr Sohi (India) . Canadian doctors are performing FUT mainly and even then with cost and scar, cant really justify it. Indian doctors on other side are cheaper but once you add in flight n stay it comes down to same number.

Please advise.

MbSingh, ki haal hay? Are you planning on a FUT or FUE route? This will take plenty of research. Id try to look for cases of traction alopecia and similar hair restorations. See if you can meet folks in person. I am trying to enlarge your pics but it might be my phone that is preventing me.

Canadian doctors are performing FUT mainly and even then with cost and scar, cant really justify it.

When I was at Hasson/Wong late last month I was surprised how much FUE they are now doing. Dr. Wong spoke to me about what great results they are getting from FUE. If you are in Vancouver you should go visit their clinic and speak with BOTH doctors about FUE only if that's what you are interested in.

Dr. Dow Stough - 1000 Grafts - 1996

Dr. Jerry Wong - 4352 Grafts - August 2012

Dr. Jerry Wong - 2708 Grafts - May 2016

Remember a hair transplant turns back the clock,

but it doesn't stop the clock.

The number of grafts you need will depend on where you wish or the Doctor suggests you place your hairline and how aggressive you wish to be with the temple points. You age, hair loss pattern, donor density and use of medication should determine the numbers as much as what can be done.

I agree it is important to restore the sides if you are going to bring the hairline down.

Hasson and Wong are doing some great FUE work you should pay them a visit if you haven't already as they are in your great city of Vancouver.

Senior Patient Advisor for Dr Edward Ball of The Maitland Clinic.

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of The Maitland Clinic.

Formerly Garageland of Hasson & Wong with 20 years of history in Hair Restoration.

Meet with myself for a free consultation and advice in London on June 21st 2018.

Dr. Mr. MBSingh,

Thank you for considering me and my clinic. I enjoy your city very much and I was there a few years ago to appear on a local television show in Surrey, BC. It is a beautiful place.

Hair loss from traction alopecia is very common here and I address cases like yours every week. I would estimate that you will need in the realm of 2000, maybe 2200 follicular units with FUE. Consider this to be a very unofficial estimate but I am happy to give you a more comprehensive evaluation once you contact me at my clinic. I answer all of my emails myself at dearbhatti@gmail.com.