fue research dissapointing

sivy28

hi i was almost booking my flight to set off for a fue transplant (norwood 3) but after researching alot (on this site and others ) time and time again i see disappointed patients.It all seems such a gamble . quite a few are disappointed due to poor growth or lack of density and this is even from the top / recommended docs let a lone the minefield of sharks out there waiting to get you through a technician mill.

Some even end up worse than before the surgery ?

I know nothing is guaranteed in surgery but this fue procedure seems really hit and miss unless you are one of the lucky few who can afford the top surgeons or just one of the few with good genetics for recovery and growth .

the other thing that pees me off is the biased clinic reps on here trying to sway your decision by always posting in the patient results trying to mask over any problems or big up a particular surgeon, its damn immoral.

im going to give it more time but i will definitely not be giving my hard earned to anyone unless i can find enough unbiased , real and honest feedback. but where a site earns money its going to be difficult.

I agree and disagree with some of your points. Looking at your posts it appears that price is one of your biggest factor when making a decision. I don't blame you because we all work hard for our money. Taking this into consideration your options became less when 95% of the recommended doctors appear to be out of your price range.

There is a lot of great FUE doctors out there that do great work. In countries where the labour is cheap there this is where you usually see a lot of hair mills and aggressive sale reps. This is why a website like this is important to find the right doctor.

I assist a clinic with translations when needed. I agree that sometimes the reps can be overly aggressive.,I am on your side on this one. A rep out of the blue will talk about their case and say look at my website. Another rep will say send me a private message and we can discuss this more. Amongst others that post there photos on a post that has nothing to do with the doctor they represent. Its ok when the doctors name is mentioned or question are asked about it.

A hair transplant is an important decision so I don't blame you for wanting to be 100% sure. Maybe after researching you aren't 100% convinced and decide a hair transplant is not for you. Going bald is natural so there is nothing wrong with it.

Good luck!

Representative for Hasson & Wong.

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are esteemed members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Hasson & Wong.

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Hasson

Hi Lorenzo

I respect your points of view thank you for your reply

I must say my budget gets me to the cheaper surgeons in Belgium and the best in Turkey but even their needs more investigation. I wouldn't consider going cheap as I do v

Believe given the type of surgery precision and quality is key but this is compromised with the cheaper clinics.

I've actually shaved my head but I'm one of the unlucky ones with a funny shaped head so will continue my search to find enough unbiased reviews with enough positive results to sway me.

Sivy

Have you considered Mr Bhatti in India? I think he's very good at FUE and probably one of the cheaper options from the top docs. Given one of the moderators on this forum chose him that is a recommendation in itself.

yes i have and ive had a few off here pushing him :), but its my hairline thats the main problem but in a few of his recent results the patients were unhappy with the density in the frontal hairline, I believe i was told his hairlines are conservative ? I know im not going to get the density of real hair but Its the main reason im looking for fue as im a norwwood 3 .

I'm thrilled with my FUE. It was a dramatic transformation for me. You are right, though - It's all about the right doctor, for sure.

1,792 graft FUE with Dr. James Harris (Denver, Colorado) on April 2-3, 2015

313 graft FUE with Dr. James Harris (Denver, Colorado) on May 3, 2016 to make it perfect!!!

fella im really happy for you , you obviously made a sound choice and all the other factors were on your side . i hope to join you in the future , not liking the shaved look to be honest

Sivy , you make some valid points , but there's a bit more to it than that . . Yes , sites such as this do make money from recommended surgeons , but to be fair , any surgeons ( recommended or not ) can be reviewed on here. I still think this is the best hair loss forum hands down. You'll always get HT's that for one reason or another just don't work out .

All you can do is research as much as possible , and when you feel satisfied that you goals can be achieved by a particular surgeon , then that's the time to make a decision . Paying a top price also is not a guarantee of a top result as I'm sure you're aware .

As far as the clinic reps go , you can draw your own conclusions from posts and results .

Again , as far as unbiased , independent reviews are concerned , the more people who posts their results and experiences the better , for a wide range of surgeons .

Good luck in your continued research and hope you find a surgeon who ticks all your boxes .

chris agreed

this is probably one of the best on the net , the only thing that concerns me is the recommendation criteria ? and the supposedly unbiased posts on here from people working for a surgeon/clinic s interest .

The research process begins and never stops. There are some communities and forums that are deemed for patients only. With transparency, every individual member presents an opinion. There is always bad representation with good representation.

My opinions are my own. I am one representative of MyWHTC Clinic's European branch.

Consultation Dates & Cities for Dr. Patrick Mwamba

London, United Kingdom - Available (Sat.)

Zurich, Switzerland - Available (Saturday)

Bologna, Italy - Available (Saturday)

Brussles, Belgium - Available (Sun.-Sat.) *No Fee*

Dr. Patrick Mwamba is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians