Dr Demirsoy or Dr Yaman use technicians?

I think it was established by somebody who had work done by Dr Yaman that he used techs, tho I believe somebody else said that he might commit to doing it by himself if it was demanded. You are best to ask him yourself and confirm but if you don't bring it up I believe the default is tech help.

Here's Dr Yamans reply on a previous thread - http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/181878-hair-transplant-dr-resul-yaman-3400-grafts-post2472563.html#post2472563

Dear members

To be clear, generally,I personally do the extractions. The extraction parts of the %95 of the operations are realized by me. But sometimes I hardly have time to breathe. In this situation, I want my most experienced technician to do the extraction under my control. He has 6 years experience in hair transplantation and I trust him, his experience and his skills.

I want to clarify something. Even if my most experienced techinician does the extraction rarely, almost invariably I do the extractions. Please keep on trusting us.

You can contact us about anything and anytime via;

+90 545 600 1234

I think that is fine reply from Dr Yaman. It would be safer to give him breaks and let an experience tech remove the grafts. I don't think removing them is rocket science and it can be learned by someone who didn't attend medical school. It's not a heart transplant. Plus they use a motorized punch which does the work. Creating the incisions for implantation is the most important part. How can a doctor do all of these procedures everyday. his hand would be fatigued and that could result in worse results.

Dense dream no offense but I disagree with everything you are saying. The extractions are one of the most important parts. And especially using a motorized punch as more skill is needed due to lack of feedback. This potentially causing higher transection rates, damage to follicles etc. The motorized was developed for speed, eg more grafts. Yes somebody less skilled could do it, I could probably do it if I was shown but if it was me getting it done I would want the most experienced hands to utilize fully the precious limited amount of grafts I have.

No it's not a heart transplant but it's a surgical procedure and if you have bad result this can be devastating for someone to live with as it's part of your personal appearance.

Each region/country seems to have their own laws regarding who can and can't perform surgery. I have found that a lot of clinics overseas utilize technicians to harvest and implant hair during surgery. Personally, I would much rather the surgeon be hands-on and actively involved. In fact, surgeons who don't touch the scalp at all and only allow their technicians to perform the work with minimal supervision can't be recommended here. We expect the surgeon to be at least somewhat involved in the procedure and not just leave it up to the technicians entirely. That said, that's not to say that technicians are well trained by a surgeon and don't have a place in the procedure. In fact, most hair transplant doctors including the most skilled and experienced utilize technicians at least for some parts of the procedure.

As for Dr. Yaman, he performs all the extractions himself. If this has changed since the time he was approved for recommendation, this needs to be addressed. But based on everything I learned, he was very hands-on as his profile says. That was one of the reasons why we chose to approve him for a recommendation especially because many doctors in Turkey In particular are very hands off.

As for Dr. Demirsoy, I am still trying to learn more about him. He did express interest in being prescreened at one point but I have not heard back from him for a few months.

Best wishes,

Bill

thanks bill i agree , the only issue i had was that from dr yamans website and profile that states he does all the extractions thats why i considered him , it was posts from this forum which stated he used a technician to do some of the grafts. while that may be a practice abroad even in the high profile clinics for some , when you have made the decision to find a surgeon based purely on him doing all the work then its very disappointing to find misleading information. I must say at that now dr yaman has stated he would do all my extractions and it is more encouraging to hear from himself in that previous statement . personally i want the surgeon to do all the incisions I know most use assistance to put the transplants in later and thats fine but what i wouldnt want is finding out that the service is not what has been promised when im lying on a table after travelling so far and parting with hard earned cash. Its a big thing going to a foreign country for a surgical procedure and its only through information on forums like these and research that you can hopefully find the service you want.