Geez I really didn't "get" post op blues until I reached this point as well

Alundra

I always thought what's the point worrying for the first few months after the surgery because it will all work out in the end. Then I got the transplant and after the scabs came off I could actually see hair and a semblance of what it could end up looking like.

Then it all shed and now I'm sitting here down in the dumps because I'm back to what I looked like before along with a big red spot. Funny how that works lol

Alundra,

Sorry you hit this point. But you're doing a good thing talking about it, because it absolutely is a REAL phenomenon.

Spex wrote a really good piece about the "post operative blues" a while back. Maybe he'll chime in and share it.

I always try to remind patients that this may occur. I try to counsel them when it occurs as well. But it's always a bit difficult to just plainly say that I understand, but you are in the most difficult period right now and it absolutely will get better. However, it's 100% the truth.

You're in the toughest part right now. It will pass. Guaranteed. And all the fun stuff is ahead. I know it's much, much easier said than done, but try to ignore it for now. Go on with life. Monitor it periodically, but try not to let it occupy too much of your mental bandwidth.

And remember, it's only temporary!

Happy growing.

Dr. Blake Bloxham is recommended by the Hair Transplant Network.

Hair restoration physician - Feller and Bloxham Hair Transplantation

Previously "Future_HT_Doc" or "Blake_Bloxham" - forum co-moderator and editorial assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, Hair Restoration Network, Hair Loss Q&A blog, and Hair Loss Learning Center.

Click here to read my previous answers to hair loss and hair restoration questions, editorials, commentaries, and educational articles.

Now practicing hair transplant surgery with Coalition hair restoration physician Dr Alan Feller at our New York practice: Feller and Bloxham Hair Transplantation.

Please note: my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

I can so sympathize.

I am 7 weeks post op from HT #2 and in the past 4 weeks I have had to hold 6 training seminars for 200 people and attended a work training/meeting this week in Texas with 25 of my associates.

All the while thinking, 'they must be laughing at my head!'. I went the 'shave' route and no on has ever seen me with hair this short.

Well, all I can say is laugh now, dudes. I will be insufferable come November!

I'm serious.  Just look at my face.

My Hair Regimen: Lather, Rinse, Repeat.

I can so sympathize.

I am 7 weeks post op from HT #2 and in the past 4 weeks I have had to hold 6 training seminars for 200 people and attended a work training/meeting this week in Texas with 25 of my associates.

All the while thinking, 'they must be laughing at my head!'. I went the 'shave' route and no on has ever seen me with hair this short.

Well, all I can say is laugh now, dudes. I will be insufferable come November!

That's the spirit !

It can seem a long, tedious waiting game, you've just got to try not to fixate too much on it, and just remind yourself that as each day goes by, you're a day nearer to where you want to be.

I am an online representative for Farjo Hair Institute

Dr. Bessam Farjo is an esteemed member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions shared are my own.

Way to go Dutchie -!

Since I shaved, I am actually getting to witness two (2) growth phases - the native growing back (about an inch now)and the new (sleeping and plotting...).

Way to go Dutchie -!

Since I shaved, I am actually getting to witness two (2) growth phases - the native growing back (about an inch now)and the new (sleeping and plotting...).

How many months in are you??

I am at exactly 3 months and 3 weeks in

You should be seeing some results soon then.

I am only 8 weeks removed - but this is my 2nd HT so I'm and old hand now I guess.