How many grafts do I need?

I am planning to get a 2nd FUT procedure.

My hair started thinning uniformly all over in 2008-2009 when I was 25. I got a 3500-4000 graft FUT done in 2010 where the surgeon placed most grafts at the front to create a good thick hair line for the front view.

It looked good for a couple of years. I stopped rogaine and propecia in 2012 as I was experiencing side effects.That's when my native hair started falling off rapidly. I have lost almost all of my native hair at this point. The attached image is how it looks now - the crown area and the area behind the hairline looks bald and this makes for a bald top/back view.

I am planning to get a 2500 graft FUT with a 30/70 distribution at the front and the crown to make it look better - Will that suffice? What do you guys suggest? Thanks

IMG_20160322_183535.thumb.jpg.695d1a7e2986566b2da5790f35acf9ae.jpg

So is the hair in the front and mid part of the top of your hair all transplanted hair? If so, it looks very natural and the bald spot at the back blends in very naturally. I understand if you want to cover the bald spot more, just wanted to say that it looks natural.

So is the hair in the front and mid part of the top of your hair all transplanted hair? If so, it looks very natural and the bald spot at the back blends in very naturally. I understand if you want to cover the bald spot more, just wanted to say that it looks natural.

Over 70% of the hair you see at the front and middle portion is transplanted hair. I lost most native hair and the rest will shed soon as I am not taking propecia.

The almost-bald upper-crown area does not look too unnatural but the huge bald region makes me look much older and bothers me. I tried concealers like Toppik but they are high-maintenance.

The crown area will need a lot of grafts for a 'dense full look'. But I want to save a reserve of 3000 grafts for future needs, in case my hair line dips to Norwood 7 levels creating more unnatural looking bald areas. Therefore, I dont want to use up more than 2000 grafts to cover the bald upper-crown. This should provide a slight but sufficient and consistent density and hopefully make it look neat.

I am planning to get a 2500 graft FUT with a 30/70 distribution at the front and the crown to make the bald area look better and future-proof the hairline area.

Your taking a good , sensible approach to your hair loss.2500 to 3k grafts should get you decent coverage .

Do you have any idea what you have left graft wise in the donor area ?

I got a 4K graft FUT in 2010. I think I have 4-5K grafts left. I will confirm with the surgeon this week.

The crown is not as simple to restore as hair grows in every direction. Plan on needing another session to improve coverage in the crown.

My opinions are my own. I am one representative of MyWHTC Clinic's European branch.

Consultation Dates & Cities for Dr. Patrick Mwamba

London, United Kingdom - Available (Sat.)

Zurich, Switzerland - Available (Saturday)

Bologna, Italy - Available (Saturday)

Brussles, Belgium - Available (Sun.-Sat.) *No Fee*

Dr. Patrick Mwamba is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians