Konior vs Cooley

carlc1979

Hi!

I want to book a hair transplant with a good surgeon who would offer the possibility of not shaving the recipient area.

So far, I came up with Konior and Cooley as being my top 2 candidates.

Any insider's thoughts on which I should choose between those two?

Thanks!

PS. I really don't want to shave the recipient area.... so no need to list all the advantages of shaving, I already know the pros and cons. :)

Both are great my personal two favorite doctors on this site.

I would never say a negative word about either of them.

I will say Doctor Konior was booked out eight months in advance

so you will have a longer wait.

You really couldn't make a bad choice there. They both do no shave procedures.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

Close call. You wont go wrong with either. You'll struggle to find a poor Konior result, he's peerless. But Cooley has been producing some really nice work, particular of late on the no-shave.

Have you consulted with either yet?

Still waiting for an answer from Cooley's team.

As for Konior, I received an answer within a day... Their limit for no-shave techniques are 2500 grafts though. As I want front and crown coverage I wonder if it would be enough to make a difference.

esrec : Browsing through the forum here, it became clear that the fact that I went through a hair transplant would be obvious for at least 2 months post-op, by the time my hair grew back at least 1 inch. Redness on the forehead would still be difficult to hide by then. I have a very active career working with the public and I can't afford either being away for that period of time or having to answer my regular client's questions about what happened. I want no one to know or to ask ;)

Makes sense. I get it. I used the time off to travel-something I'd planned for awhile otherwise might have opted for similar.

Did Konior explain the 2500 # limit?

Just a guess here but I know doing the no shave makes it more tedious for the doctor. Since Dr K does basically the entire procedure himself from star to finish it would make it all that more tedious and fatigue could become an issue.

Just a guess here but I know doing the no shave makes it more tedious for the doctor. Since Dr K does basically the entire procedure himself from star to finish it would make it all that more tedious and fatigue could become an issue.

Good call