On the day of surgery do the anti- anxiety drugs kick in pretty fast?

I don't know what Dr. Mohebi gave me but I found out later I told the same story twice to the girls working on my head.

I'm serious.  Just look at my face.

My Hair Regimen: Lather, Rinse, Repeat.

You moving fwd with the study w/ SMG-what's the date?

I had 20mg of valium in the morning, and 10mg more after lunch. I require alot to get knocked out for whatever reason.

I would hit up Matt or Janna with some of these questions you've had. They are always available. But you're in good hands.

I refused anti-anxiety drugs with my first hair transplant because I felt relaxed and didn't think I needed it. Was I wrong! I was excruciatingly restless during the procedure. It was hard to sit still after a few hours.

I happily accepted the drugs with my second and third HTs and, as far as I recall, they took effect in a reasonable amount of time and allowed me to relax and endure the long hours in the chair. I highly recommend it.

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

I was actually in a similar boat as David where I refused the drugs the first time and accepted them the second, third and fourth procedure. The drugs certainly help with feeling restless for a long day however, I didn't actually feel mentally anxious with or without the drugs. That said, I do believe the drugs kick in within 15 minutes or so, so if you are feeling anxious you probably won't have to deal with that feeling very long.

Best wishes,