First visit to the barber in 16 years

So im 4 months post op from my fue and this week i think i will go get a hair cut at the barbers for the first time in 16 years i used to love going to get a haircut . Ive been shaving my head myself for all that time and i hated it just the feeling of shaving it and it looked awful so i also wore a hat everyday anyway ive let it grow out the last two months and its time to let a pro take a look. But even though i do have basically a full head of hair i still cant leave the house without a hat on im just conditioned to do it even if im asleep i sometimes wake up in a panic to check if i have a hat close by im like a junkie. There must be others who have experienced this how did you ditch the habit.

A friend of mine used to hide his hair under a baseball cap for years. He finally bit the bullit and shaved his head and has never looked back. It liberated him completely and the cap has finally been ditched.

I think it's easy to allow ourselves to develop the mindset that hair loss turns us into some kind of freak

with two heads, and that people are pointing and gawping at us all the time. Half the battle is trying to rationalise things and accepting that balding/bald men are everywhere and actually people don't look twice at them. Easier said than done though!

I'm sure once you've had it cut professionally you'll be confident enough to bin the hat. Good luck!

I am an online representative for Farjo Hair Institute

Dr. Bessam Farjo is an esteemed member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions shared are my own.

I used to wear a hat all the time when I was losing my hair and practically bald when I was 27. Even after my first two hair transplants I wouldn't really go anywhere without a hat unless I had to. It was only after my third I really felt confident enough to go out somewhere without a hat. And after my fourth hair transplant, most people thought I had a full head of hair with only some mild fitting in the back, which is considered normal for my age anyway. It's weird looking back and thinking that my first hair transplant was over 12 years ago. But transplanted hair is holding up and my hair looks just as good as it did the first year after my fourth hair transplant.

It may take a little while to break the habit of wearing a hat. Of course, there's no rule saying you have to but, if you are wearing a hat for the same reason I was which is to conceal baldness, it sounds like you no longer need it and you might want to start taking the plunge and going out without it. It will eventually feel natural to go without it

Best wishes,

Bill

Yes I can relate to these hat stories I still wear a hat out of habit even though I'm pleased with my first hair transplant ,the difference is it's not panic stations if a women asks me can she try my hat on which invariably happens when I'm out for a night as i have a cool hat which they all seem to want to try on,

Ha now they can try it on, even take it home if they want , as long as I go with it

after shaving my head for my first procedure a few weeks ago I realized I didn't mind it so much. I look ok with a buzzed head and some facial hair. the funniest part is that all my bald friends say I look better shaved and all my friends who have hair say that I should grow it back. I thought that was hilarious

I would love to see this chick magnet hat is it laced with Rohypnol ?

Very weird ,who said anything about it being a chick magnet hat, I said they like to try it on

there's help out there if you need it man.

Yes I can relate to these hat stories I still wear a hat out of habit even though I'm pleased with my first hair transplant ,the difference is it's not panic stations if a women asks me can she try my hat on which invariably happens when I'm out for a night as i have a cool hat which they all seem to want to try on,

Ha now they can try it on, even take it home if they want , as long as I go with it

I used to have this happen all the time, they are just wanting to get you to take it off to see if you have hair.

Most of them will admit it if you ask them, point blank.

To the op, I am 4 months post op and getting pretty brave in public without my hat.

It will get easier for you. Good luck bud.

I used to have this happen all the time, they are just wanting to get you to take it off to see if you have hair.

Most of them will admit it if you ask them, point blank.

To the op, I am 4 months post op and getting pretty brave in public without my hat.

It will get easier for you. Good luck bud.

Ha that's right women are curious creatures ,best of luck with your growth 4 months just the beginning.