does Dr Wesley post here?

If so id like to ask him a question or perhaps one of his patients could answer?

I sent his office an email yesterday regarding FUE costs and barbara responded basically suggesting i have an in office consult for a $250.00 fee...didnt i read on this forum that dr wesleys consult fee is only $100??...either way i was wondering if i pay the 250 and we go ahead with surgery, is the 250 applied towards the surgery??...The reason i wrote dr wesley in the first place was to find out his fue fees because im pretty sure its more than i can afford and i really dont want to spend 250 dollars just to find that out.

A little background on my situation...im a 42 year old male who traveled to india 8 years ago for a 1500 graft strip procedure with Dr A and i was extremely happy with the result...it was basically to lower my hairline but since then i have experienced diffuse thinning in the frontal 1/3rd ...its now gotten so bad that styling my hair is a problem and i need to use toppic daily...i now have the money to add 2000 fue grafts (what i believe it will take to return the diffused area back to an appropriate level of density but before i decide to return to India, i wanted to explore any potential options here in NYC.

DR Feller charges 10 dollars per FUE graft so that eliminates him as an option, lol ..but i do not know what dr wesley charges..anyone??...basically my budget is $10,000 max (2000 grafts at 5 bucks each)...im certain this is not enough for dr wesley either but id still like to know what he charges so i can eliminate him as an option and i can move on to scheduling an appt in india again.

To be honest travel to india is a problem for me at the moment and i was hoping i could find something in my personal situation that would allow me to have the surgery here in NYC...either through my living only a few blocks from Dr wesleys office and perhaps getting a reduced rate by agreeing to fill a cancellation slot or perhaps completing the 2000 grafts in multiple sittings, basically in between clients, or allowing my pictures to be used for advertising ?? Or another thing i hoped was , since i do not wish to build a new hairline from scratch, but merely thicken up a diffused frontal portion, maybe i can use larger grafts, thus making this type of surgery less time consuming?? The good news is that i have thick wavy hair so it doesnt take much density to produce the illusion of coverage...i feel my hair makes me a great candidate for fue.

Basically travel to india is a big problem for me at the moment and i need to be certain that i have no other choice before i book my ticket.

Although my first 1500 grafts was a strip, the scar only extends on half of my head and i just dont want to make it any larger...my existing scar is pretty bad already and after i have these 2000 fue grafts, the next plan is to eventually have fue to fix the scar...so i definitely do not want another strip!!!!

So.....to get started, does anyone know dr wesleys FUE fees??

I don't have any answers to your questions except that he did post here the other day. He does not post here much. I would call his office and ask them what the fue price per graft is before paying anything. It's NY so probably about the same as Feller charges if I had to guess. Most clinics I have talked to personally have been up front with me about pricing before consulting with them.

Duplicate thread?..im sorry but i dont know what you mean...i dont recall asking for dr wesleys fee in another thread and besides this would be the appropriate location to ask no?

Yea like i said, i did contact the clinic and was told to schedule a consult when asking about the fee.

Yes everything cost more in nyc but @ 10 bucks per FUE, fellers price seems to be the highest in the united states no??..iv been posting on hairloss forums for years and feller has one of the best and most extensive reputations around and i always assumed he was in a position where he could just name his price...anyway i didnt think his rate was mostly geographical .

Dr wesleys work looks great but i cant seem to find many people on the forums posting his work...just assumed he was at least a little cheaper than feller

Edited by manakawari

Just meant we're sitting on the same topic essentially. That's all.

I would just call the office and ask man. If someone is unwilling to share their rate without you coming in to pay $250 just to get the answer, do you want that person operating on you? Wesley is a great guy-I'm sure he'll share.

Yes he charges $250 for the consultation, but honestly it's worth it. Even though I elected not to get my procedure with him, he spent an hour with me, took close up pics of the donor and recepient areas, and just provided me with the most information out of everyone I consulted with. Ironically I had the worst consultation with Dr Rahal (because he was rushed that day and was needed in the OR), but he was the surgeon I selected in the end - go figure. Anyway, back to Dr Wesley. He quoted me around $14,000 for 2,300 grafts via FUT. I imagine that the FUE price will be even higher, so I think he is out of your budget, but I would still just go for the consultation and see what he says. Trust me, if you are spending $10k on surgery, $250 is really nothing and if anything Wesley will give you a very detailed and thorough assessment of your hair.

If you want to spend 10k on 2,000 grafts via FUE, then Europe/Turkey is your best option. Start in Belgium.

Often when you book with a surgeon the consult fee is rolled into the cost of the surgery, but as others have suggested, a quick phone call will likely clear that up.

HT regrets usually come from not doing enough research or letting price or travel dictate. Find the doctor you like best and are most comfortable with. If you don't have enough saved then wait and save more. In the end it will be worth it. And in the meantime you can really dig in and find the right surgeon.

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

Well im trying to do all the proper research but it seems iv hit a dead end with wesley....3 exchanges with his clinic and i cant get past a suggestion to pay for a 250 consult and basically ignoring my request for his fue fees before booking a consult. ..i explained twice that i strongly suspect his rates do not work with my budget but i would like to know his rates before commiting to a consult and i get nothing but more suggestions that i book a consult. ..i just do not want to waste 250 dollars on a situation thats way out of line with what i can pay.. if it was clise enough perhaps in over estimating the amount of grafts i need but anyway, seems like the search continyes ☺

Well im trying to do all the proper research but it seems iv hit a dead end with wesley....3 exchanges with his clinic and i cant get past a suggestion to pay for a 250 consult and basically ignoring my request for his fue fees before booking a consult. ..i explained twice that i strongly suspect his rates do not work with my budget but i would like to know his rates before commiting to a consult and i get nothing but more suggestions that i book a consult. ..i just do not want to waste 250 dollars on a situation thats way out of line with what i can pay.. if it was clise enough perhaps in over estimating the amount of grafts i need but anyway, seems like the search continyes ☺

Yeah, some surgeons are very stingy with disclosing their pricing. I am convinced that they wait until you walk into the door and then they gauge how well off you are. Then they quote accordingly. i.e. if you walk in with a fancy suit and write in the application form that you work on Wall Street then they will quote you the max. If they think money may be an issue, they lowball.I had the exact same issue with Wesley's clinic not being prepared to even give me an idea of costs until he sees me in person. They also want to get you in the door as its then easier to make the sale on the day. Think about, if you want a used car, and you phone the lot to ask how much their cars cost, they would rather have you come visit in person so they can make the sale, as the probability decreases when trying to do it over the phone.

With that being said, Wesley is great, a truly nice guy, and I didn't feel his clinic were anything like a used care salesperson. I had no pressure to book anything.

Yea she told me she cant get me in for almost 2 months so i decided to pass on wesley...i got a bad feeling about his refusal to quote me a price and although i decided to risk the 250 bucks to find out, im not willing to waste 2 months only to find out hes way too expensive. ..im ready now!!!..lol...id go under the knife tomorrow if i could..lol...so the search continues. ..it sucks because i live a few blocks from his office and i was thinking if i couldnt afford the 2000 grafts i want i could get less and always get the rest on a second procedure but i guess it wasnt meant to be...anyone have another suggestion on a decent dr near nyc where i could get close to 2000 fue for say 13000 max? (Seems my original $10000 is impossible)