Blond Transplant?

Hey Everyone,

Looking through many albums on this site and many patient results on surgeon websites, it seems very rare to come across blond hair transplant patients. Is there a reason for this or just a coincidence? Being blond myself, I'm wondering if it's not as ideal of a hair color as black or brown for a hair transplant.

Thanks!

I agree it seems very odd that we don't see many blonde hair transplants - but maybe that's more indicative of the fact that there are simply a considerably less amount of blondes in the world.

On the other hand, though, I've been described as having blonde hair for most of my life. I don't see it, and am certain it's clearly a light brown - but what do I know? ;)

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My views/opinions are my own and don't necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

Check out my hair loss website for photos

FUE surgery by Dr. Mohebi on 7/31/14
2,001 grafts - Ones: 607; Twos: 925; Threes: 413; Fours: 56

• 2 months later...

Something I have spent a great deal of time researching and I've basically come to the conclusion that despite the whole contrast thing, blonde hair just generally doesn't provide as good a result, depending on what type of blonde hair that is I mean. Obviously really course blonde hair will get a good result, however really course blonde hair doesn't tend to fall out from what I've seen.

Basically, if you are like me, and I think I have the typical blonde hair most guys with MPB have, it's straight, blonde, fine and kinda of dirty blonde/brownish blonde in colour. Yes there is less scalp contrast, but because it is so fine so many more grafts are required. I'm very down about it all because I really wanted to go for HT surgery as a solution, but having researched it well over a year, I'm beginning to think it will be a waste of money.

Something I have spent a great deal of time researching and I've basically come to the conclusion that despite the whole contrast thing, blonde hair just generally doesn't provide as good a result, depending on what type of blonde hair that is I mean. Obviously really course blonde hair will get a good result, however really course blonde hair doesn't tend to fall out from what I've seen.

Basically, if you are like me, and I think I have the typical blonde hair most guys with MPB have, it's straight, blonde, fine and kinda of dirty blonde/brownish blonde in colour. Yes there is less scalp contrast, but because it is so fine so many more grafts are required. I'm very down about it all because I really wanted to go for HT surgery as a solution, but having researched it well over a year, I'm beginning to think it will be a waste of money.

Out of curiosity, have you met with any surgeons in person to get their opinion on your hair? I commend you for all the research you've done and think that's extremely important - but I wonder if a reputable doctor would come to the same conclusion. I'd hate to see you throw in the towel without getting a trusted professional opinion under your belt first. Do you have photos or anything?

(And if you have had consultations and this was the conclusion they came to as well, disregard this message.)

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My views/opinions are my own and don't necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

My hair was blond growing up, then went to a dishwater blond to a dirty blond - and now it's grey/silver/light brown. And it is fine and thin. But my 1st HT went well and I expect great results from my 2nd. Bottom lime, I know what it is and I know what I can expect and I'm doing it anyway.

Even with my old face....

I'm serious.  Just look at my face.

My Hair Regimen: Lather, Rinse, Repeat.

Out of curiosity, have you met with any surgeons in person to get their opinion on your hair? I commend you for all the research you've done and think that's extremely important - but I wonder if a reputable doctor would come to the same conclusion. I'd hate to see you throw in the towel without getting a trusted professional opinion under your belt first. Do you have photos or anything?

(And if you have had consultations and this was the conclusion they came to as well, disregard this message.)

Had several photo consultations but never had a personal one, would love to do so just to be sure. I just know myself that I my hair is not coarse and is ruler straight, so I'm fairly sure the outcome would look like an upgraded combover. I really don't want to throw the towel in either but at the same time I think it's all about being realistic - I don't think my expectations will be met by it. If I ever get the chance to have a face to face with an HT doc then I'll definitely do so though.

Have you considered switching styles and wearing your hair short(er) so the contrast benefits of blonde on fair skin can be realized? At a certain length your straight hair would be less of a factor.

Well shit. This just killed my dreams. Find blonde hair. I am started to receded to what seems daily. Seems like I will be bald In a week. Lovely pale and bald. 34 and I have been researching like crazy for this but docs never show the hairline or many zoomed in pics just the standard combed over look. I feel you. I agree with if expectations aren't met why even have one. Crazy it's 2016 and they can't fix this. Fml lol o well

Had several photo consultations but never had a personal one, would love to do so just to be sure. I just know myself that I my hair is not coarse and is ruler straight, so I'm fairly sure the outcome would look like an upgraded combover. I really don't want to throw the towel in either but at the same time I think it's all about being realistic - I don't think my expectations will be met by it. If I ever get the chance to have a face to face with an HT doc then I'll definitely do so though.

If I were you, I would try to have a consultation with a trusted doctor in person. I'm not sure where you're located exactly, but you could use the "Recommended Surgeons" map on this site to find someone (I would hope) within a several hour drive from you. Maybe even closer if you live in/near a big city.

To avoid getting the upgraded combover look, you'd be surprised what a different haircut/style/product/etc. can do to change the overall look of your hair. It's something to consider. Go to a hair stylists as opposed to a standard barber and you may be surprised with all the tricks they have up their sleeve.

Lastly, if you know part of the problem is that your expectations are too high, consider lowering them given what you've learned and researched so far. This wouldn't be something that is unique only to you, but something that every single one of us have to do. We have to adjust our expectations based on the reality of the situation... So taking out what your "ideal, dream, most perfect" results would look like, how would you feel being able to achieve solid results based on the actual reality of the situation? Because that reality is all we have to go on - the rest is just a fantasy.

All of that to say that if you feel content with where you are and don't want to pursue restoring your hair any further because you've learned that it just ultimately isn't right for you - then I think that's a solid choice based on solid reasoning. But if you're moving forward still unhappy with your hair and not at peace with it, just continue entertaining all different avenues and angles until you know for sure what your path should/should not be.

Wishing you nothing but the best. :)