Transection and hair type

Each doctor's experience is a reflection of the outcome. Instruments and protocols also play key roles in ensuring minimal transection. Destroying hair is essentially the same process as hair loss. Hair characteristics don't yield higher transection for FUE experts; those who won't compromise the results.

My opinions are my own. I am one representative of MyWHTC Clinic's European branch.

Consultation Dates & Cities for Dr. Patrick Mwamba

London, United Kingdom - Available (Sat.)

Zurich, Switzerland - Available (Saturday)

Bologna, Italy - Available (Saturday)

Brussles, Belgium - Available (Sun.-Sat.) *No Fee*

Dr. Patrick Mwamba is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

Ah so I was mistaken in believing that straight, fine hair would result in better yields. I'm asking because I'm concerned about my choice of FUE vs FUT due to lower yields/survival rat with FUE. I have fine hair, so my coverage won't be as good as thick haired people, I don't want to waste any grafts, i likely won't have enough when my hair loss progresses...

The surgeon I've chosen (Dr De Reys in Belgium, from what I've read, gets FUT level graft survival rates (90%) by taking his time and limiting sessions to 1000 grafts per day... Hopefully he won't waste much donor hair by transection.

• 2 weeks later...
Ah so I was mistaken in believing that straight, fine hair would result in better yields. I'm asking because I'm concerned about my choice of FUE vs FUT due to lower yields/survival rat with FUE. I have fine hair, so my coverage won't be as good as thick haired people, I don't want to waste any grafts, i likely won't have enough when my hair loss progresses...

The surgeon I've chosen (Dr De Reys in Belgium, from what I've read, gets FUT level graft survival rates (90%) by taking his time and limiting sessions to 1000 grafts per day... Hopefully he won't waste much donor hair by transection.

You will be in good hands at The Reys.

I am in touch with some of his former patients now.

He has a good team and is an expert in producing high quality results using very little grafts.

The other good thing about him is that he gives huge discounts!

It also seems that due to the high demand he has his wife do some of the extractions now. I find this a good development since it will only improve overall quality and less fatigue.

I agree with the first comment to some extent although it does come down to surgeon skill and protocol he/she uses but that said curly hair would be more difficult then straight hair ie afro hair vs Caucasian afro hair is really curly and curls underneath the skin where as Caucasians hair would have a slight curl or no curl at all.

I'm also a fan of Dr de reys he does all or most of the important stages of the procedure wich is a major plus in my books not many do that now days and the price is affordable for most ik not sure about discounts but that's even better he does in my books.

I agree with the first comment to some extent although it does come down to surgeon skill and protocol he/she uses but that said curly hair would be more difficult then straight hair ie afro hair vs Caucasian afro hair is really curly and curls underneath the skin where as Caucasians hair would have a slight curl or no curl at all.

I saw somewhere on Dr. Diep site or maybe his videos where he said the curly hair from people of african descent is much more tricky under the surface because of that curling effect - so with FUE you are pulling grafts one at a time so I would imagine much more risk with FUE than FUT for those particular cases as you cannot see below the skin surface.

Would be interesting to know is if that applies to Caucasian "curly hair" or if that curl is mostly above the hair surface and it straightens out underneath the skin.

Jan 2016 - 3800 graft FUT with Dr. Konior

NW 5A to 6.

Docs whose results I am most consistently impressed with: Konior, Cooley (FUT), Hasson (FUT), Diep (FUE) (yeah I like the zig zag).