Can comb hair again

Mick50

It looks pretty thick good job. How does the donor area look after 4,500 grafts ? Will they need that much again to do the crown?

Good question Hairjo [4200 grafts], there were some grafts placed in the crown but not enough for any cosmetic density as they started from the front then worked back, I reckon 2500 -3000 grafts would do the job but until i get my donor assessed I dont know if it's possible, donor looks ok but I really want to avoid the moth eaten look, so I will get some Docs opinions at the 18 month mark, I had the full horseshoe so I have to be realistic about what can be achieved

Hi Mick,

Your hairs looking fabulous, you must be over the moon. Especially as you did it on impulse, almost like what the hell, do or die!

Mind you, if you think about it, in some ways most people do eventually have to make an impulse decision, that final decision has to be made and then there's no turning back. It's probably getting a bit harder with all the options out there.

Anyway, it's been great reading your posts, no holds barred, tell it like it is! Almost feel like I've known you for years.

As for being 53, I did read somewhere that 53 is the new 33!!!!

Hi Mick,

Your hairs looking fabulous, you must be over the moon. Especially as you did it on impulse, almost like what the hell, do or die!

Mind you, if you think about it, in some ways most people do eventually have to make an impulse decision, that final decision has to be made and then there's no turning back. It's probably getting a bit harder with all the options out there.

Anyway, it's been great reading your posts, no holds barred, tell it like it is! Almost feel like I've known you for years.

As for being 53, I did read somewhere that 53 is the new 33!!!!

Thanks a lot Shera you were a little ahead of me with your transplant, your progress and result I'm sure has given a lot of people hope, OK you had good hair characteristics but

an amazing result nonetheless

Ha so 53 is the new 33 well I'll take 43 which is probably more the reality,

You're right about the whole impulse aspect there's a leap of faith no matter what Doc you choose but of course better to go with one that has a proven track record.

I came to a point where the hair loss was beginning to hold me back ,up to that point i had fought the good fight pretty good but in the end I lost, I'm quite a social person and I found i was beginning to avoid parties, reunions etc so I thought enough is enough, lucky we have

options 20 years ago it was a different story ,I would say to anyone if hair loss is getting them down go for it ,transplanted hair these days doesn't look pluggy, that surprised me the most how natural the new hair looked

Thanks agin Shera for your kind words, best of luck in your new role with Dr Bhatty .

I came to a point where the hair loss was beginning to hold me back ,up to that point i had fought the good fight pretty good but in the end I lost, I'm quite a social person and I found i was beginning to avoid parties, reunions etc so I thought enough is enough, ....................

I could have written that myself, word for word.

It's great to have the old me back again!

• 2 weeks later...

I thought I'd take these pics up before i go for a hair cut,they're taken on my macbook pro the same as the 7.5 month ones not the best camera but at least it's comparing like with like same lighting room etc,.The crown is still filling in but not enough for full coverage .

will post pics at the 15 month mark with digital camera,

The first pic showing crown is about 6 weeks post just but it shows how bald my crown area was ,third pic is hair a bit wet with direct sun shining through the window so it shows the donor quite well, i hope I have another 2500 grafts to put into the mid-scalp working back into the crown have to wait and see what Docs say.

I have quite pale skin [ha need some sun after the long winter] and dark hair Ok mother nature needing a bit of a hand there but I was jet black in my younger years its actually just dark brown now do that of course is going against the illusion of density and all that.

I'm 54 this year so i am more than happy with the result so far, never going to get hair like a NW 2-3 but with a second transplant should improve things, donor permitting

Last pic is birds eye view I always get annoyed when people don't show the top down view because that's the acid test ,as you can see

not the best pic but it shows how much has been covered and the remaining crown bald area.

Edited by Mick50

• 1 month later...

Evening guys hope your all well

Sorry to hijack a post but Im unsure where or how to post yet as I'm new.

I'm a 30 year old who is losing my self esteam and I am no longer that happy go lucky guy :-(

Anyway the reason I'm on here is because I've been looking for a year now on who to use to do my hair (FUE) I'm receding and my hair line has now become thin. I believe the receding has stopped so feel it's time to take action.

I was lookin to use a surgery in Turkey due to budget but keep hearing bad things so have now norrowed it down to Dr De Reys but want to here your thoughts? I've been told by 3 doctors in Turkey that I'll need 1800 grafts

My budget will be around ?4000 all in if possible and I live in the UK

Dr Erdogan ,Dr Yaman are both recommended Docs on here ,don't do what I did, and go basically to what was a tech clinic ,I'm in a strange position in that I am actually happy with my result but I can't in all conscience recommend the clinic for various reasons . Dr Yaman offers a very competitive price but Dr Erdogan has a lot of very impressive results to his name , I'm sure Dr Yaman over time will continue to present more successful cases, I just feel we need to see a few more independent results from him.

As going to Turkey I found the people very friendly and Istanbul is a very impressive modern city,

Hi Mick

Thanks for getting back to me so soon.

So would you suggest to look at an alternative Doc to Reys? I really scared about Turkey due to putting all my eggs with Dr Doganay and just as I was gong to book it I found nothing but bad feedback

How much should be looking to pay if quote for for 1800 grafts?

Ps sorry for all the questions but I'm just so nervous about this all as this could be life changing for me

I'll attach a current pic of my hair...I feel I should have enough donor and I believe it's all stop as its no longer falling out and my family only ever recesd

image.thumb.jpg.50167f70f43b4fbb0db6fdff0115fb5f.jpg

If i were you I would spend some time on this site and find out as much as you can, from what I can see Dr De Rey charges about the same as Erdogan 2.5 euro per graft, Dr Yaman charges 1 euro per graft , I don't know a lot about Dr De Rey I'm sure you will get some advice on here regarding his results, but as I said just take your time, from looking at your pic i'm sure you could get a great result.