*VIDEO* "Buzzcuts by Bloxham" - Feller & Bloxham, Great Neck, NY

FellerMedical

Hi everyone,

Dr Bloxham, Dr Feller, and the patients usually talk almost all day during surgery. One of the most common things they talk about is obviously hair transplants! Something almost every patient asks is "what am I going to look like when I leave today" (meaning after the procedure) and "how will it look in a few days or weeks."

This is not an easy question to answer, but Dr Bloxham almost always tells patients that a properly performed transplant looks like a "buzz cut" after surgery.

After telling this to a lot of patients, the doctors thought it would be a good idea to put it into a video.

Below is a video of two Feller & Bloxham patients who had their surgery performed by Dr Bloxham. One is right after his procedure and the other is 12 days after on the day his staples were taken out.

Is Dr Bloxham right? Does it look like a buzz cut?

Enjoy!

Tara

Feller & Bloxham Hair Transplants

Feller & Bloxham Hair Transplantation

Dr. Feller is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

Dr. Bloxham is Recommended by the Hair Transplant Network.

The marketing of that name ("Buzzcuts by Bloxham") is just too perfect. Haha.

I will say the guy who was 12 days post op really lucked out by missing out on the redness of his scalp. I think that's the hardest part of trying to conceal that you had work done post-op, and some guys stay red for a couple of months after the procedure.

Was his scalp really this close to being back to normal so soon? Or was that lighting? And if so, did anything besides genetics contribute to him seemingly missing out on that dreaded red scalp?

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My views/opinions are my own and don't necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

Check out my hair loss website for photos

FUE surgery by Dr. Mohebi on 7/31/14
2,001 grafts - Ones: 607; Twos: 925; Threes: 413; Fours: 56

PK,

It does have a ring to it, huh? Too good to resist.

He really was back to normal that soon. That's 12 days post-op. He absolutely had genetics on his side. He has very olive, Italian skin, and patients with darker, tanner skin tones seem to lose the redness much, much quicker. It's the fairer skin guys who hold on to that pinkness for a while longer.

For example, here's another "buzz cut" image of a patient of Indian descent I transplanted 2,500 grafts on somewhere between 10-14 days post-op:

Immediate post-op:

14b21zn.jpg

10-14 days after during staple removal:

afh7j5.jpg

u8n53.jpg

As you can see, his tanner skin tones helped him get past the dreaded "redness" stage as well. While I usually do see a very short red phase in patients with these type of skin tones, I don't tell my fairer skin patients to expect it and do warn them that they may have the standard -- or possibly prolonged -- redness/pinkness phase.

That said, I do think there are a few others things that contribute to a shorter redness phase above simple physiology:

First, I do think following the cleaning and anti-septic post-operative instructions "to a T" helps. Part of the pinkness is an inflammatory response from the body. Not giving the body a reason to keep this area "pinker" and more inflamed for any prolonged period of time helps. This means cleaning everything you don't want up there away AND cleaning away anything that could encourage the patient to touch or scratch the scalp more.

I also believe the reduced redness -- which we see in a lot of our patients -- can be attributed to grafts that are meticulously trimmed and slits made with very small blades. Small, flat blades mean less scalp trauma and grafts that are trimmed meticulously and have unnecessary pieces of the superficial epidermis layer removed seem to cause less irritation.

All around, I think these things help. Genetics plays a huge role, but there are still a few tricks that may help avoid the prolonged pinkness and create more of the "buzz cut" appearance of the patients I shared above. And I think this makes a HUGE difference for many guys in the post-operative period.

Dr. Blake Bloxham is recommended by the Hair Transplant Network.

Hair restoration physician - Feller and Bloxham Hair Transplantation

Previously "Future_HT_Doc" or "Blake_Bloxham" - forum co-moderator and editorial assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, Hair Restoration Network, Hair Loss Q&A blog, and Hair Loss Learning Center.

Click here to read my previous answers to hair loss and hair restoration questions, editorials, commentaries, and educational articles.

Now practicing hair transplant surgery with Coalition hair restoration physician Dr Alan Feller at our New York practice: Feller and Bloxham Hair Transplantation.

Please note: my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

• Administrators

I really do believe redness has a lot to do with skin tone, I have an olive complexion I didn't notice any redness in the recipient area, once the grafts shed I was pretty much looking like I did pre op.

Dr. Bloxham I'd love to see some updates on the Indian patient who was a class 6 hairloss, his pattern was similar to mine I'm really rooting for him to get a home run result.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Have to say the work looks very refined and neat, my redness didn't hang around too long I am Irish but I am the dark Irish in that I have black hair and pale skin although not the pale skin you get with red heads or blondes also I tan quite easily

HT,

Interesting to hear you experienced decreased redness with an olive skin tone too. Definitely has a lot to do with it.

The patient is such a great guy! I'm rooting for him too. I'll definitely update you guys when he stops by.

Dr. Blake Bloxham is recommended by the Hair Transplant Network.

Hair restoration physician - Feller and Bloxham Hair Transplantation

Previously "Future_HT_Doc" or "Blake_Bloxham" - forum co-moderator and editorial assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, Hair Restoration Network, Hair Loss Q&A blog, and Hair Loss Learning Center.

Click here to read my previous answers to hair loss and hair restoration questions, editorials, commentaries, and educational articles.

Now practicing hair transplant surgery with Coalition hair restoration physician Dr Alan Feller at our New York practice: Feller and Bloxham Hair Transplantation.

Please note: my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

Hey David, how are you?

I want to consult with you about hair transplantation with Dr. Tejinder Bhatti and I can not send private committees site

I really wish you would send me a message

Edited by new

Dr. Bloxham my first procedure didn't look anything like this at the end. This patient looks really great. Is it possible for someone with older grafts to look normal like this after they heal up and grow out? Do you recommend removing the old grafts? I will be visiting in two weeks and am looking forward to meeting you.

Thank you so much for posting your work.