3,200 FUE 9 days post OP - concern about congealed scab

nearlyhair

I'm a bit concern about the little area circled. Everywhere else had healed nicely and the skin is flaking away.

I'm 9 days post operation - should I continue pouring water/shampoo with a cup for the timebeing?

The worry is that the grafts within/underneath that scab are not exposed enough to the air to heal with.

I stopped the ATP spray a couple of days ago, the thing that occurred to me is to just spray every couple of hours with water, otherwise I can simply get as much fresh air as possible.

attachment.php?attachmentid=90323&stc=1&d=1455104810

postop.jpg.3220436f80cb69d410acc0bf95bb98b5.jpg

• Administrators

That is one hundred percent normal this is what mine looked like, what matters the most for the grafts survival is how it is handled when it is extracted/implanted, once it is in your body the hair follicle is dead and the root remains alive and dormant for 3 months, the graft is permanently in your body after a week.

7zLdgrW.jpg

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Why is it that the root stays dormant for 3 months? Wouldn't it be cool if we could find a way to bypass this 3 month dormant stage? You'd have hair growing from the beginning.

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.

As you know...that dormancy stage is normal throughout your life whether you lose hair to balding or not. When anyone finds a few hairs in their sink, its because the hair has gone through its natural life cycle and has fallen out. The dormancy stage begins and the new hair begins growing in 3-4 months (different timeline for everyone). The initial shock/trauma of the surgery kicks the natural process immediately into the dormancy stage. Be patient, you will love the results in 5-6 months. Check out my results. You can see more pictures from my two FUE surgeries at ... myfuehairtransplant.com I use that site only for before/after photos. This HTN site is great for the forum dialogue.

Before%2Band%2BAfter.png

I am an online representative for Carolina Hair Surgery & Dr. Mike Vories (Recommended on the Hair Transplant Network).

View John's before/after photos and videos:  http://www.MyFUEhairtransplant.com

You can email me at johncasper99@gmail.com

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

The transplanted hairs look wiry, thick and dark compared to my existing hair. Maybe that means the hairs are dead and are yet to fall out?

I will keep the forum updated. This surgery was with Koray Erdogan. The transplantation to the temples is reasonably aggressive compared to what I had before, the transplants are the hairline only go back about 30mm.

I know 3,200 is quite a lot for this area. The donor region was about 10,500 before the surgery. I'd had a 1,000 FUT about 8 years ago which didn't achieve a lot (partly my poor aftercare).

I'm sure I have a very good donor for at least two more FUEs. My sense is that the safe area at the back and sides reaches high up my skull.

Although I regret having the FUT all those years ago, Asmed thought my scar was 'aesthetic' as far as FUT goes.

Counts; 1s 500 2s 1400 3s 1200 4s 120 5s 5

Caliber 50

Looks to me like you are not washing your hair properly, or with enough pressure. At day 9 you shouldn't have so many scabs. You should be using the pads of your fingers doing mini circles over your recipient area, not just pouring soapy water over it...otherwise the scabs stick around longer than they need too.

Also it is useful to let you head soak for a good few minutes to soften the scabs.

--------------------------------------

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Feller

Dr Feller Jan '09 2000 grafts

Dr Lorenzo Dec '15 2222 grafts

All the scabs disappeared on day 13 after I began gentle massaging while shampooing with my fingertips. The transplanted hair is not growing any longer, so I'm prepared for the forthcoming shed.

I started exercising as normal 14 days after the procedure.

That looks to be more than a scab or dried out blood. You should see your doctor about that.

Nearlyhair who would you recommend for a transplant?

I would recommend Asmed. Dr Erdogan does all the incisions, other than that it is technician led. It's very obvious that the technicians are veterans at what they do.

The other point is the cleanliness of Asmed and the quality of the overnight suite (slightly more expensive than the hotel). Together with the washings, I think this standard of care is nearly as important as the procedure itself.

Turkey is also very cheap. With the taxis for example, I would just end up tipping 100%. I went out with 900 Turkish lira and returned with 500! And this included eating out, seeing all the sights, tips etc. One often sees men strolling through Istanbul with recent transplants. I would think the Turkish bazaar sellers & locals are used to it by now!