Successful SMP by Jonathan Gerow @ Hairline Ink

Hello everyone! I just signed up today. I know the first thing everyone wants is pictures and I promise I'll get some up after the gym tonight. The gym! I can actually go to the gym and sweat as much as I want thanks to Jonathan's BEAUTIFUL SMP.

My story in short...Started receding at 15. Was wearing a system by 19. For 14 years I dealt with the cost, frustration and limitations that come with wearing a system. Last summer had SMP done by Jonathan and I have a new lease on life.

While waiting for my pictures I will leave you with a story fresh from today. Was at the grocery store. When I got to the check out the girl bagging the groceries says "You have so much hair why do you shave it?" Took me off guard so I said "Im sorry?" And she repeated, "Why would you shave your hair?" Yes, she asked why I shave my HAIR.

I responded "I like the look, trying to bring out my inner Pitbull" and she got a laugh out of that.

Point of the story. If you're on the fence about SMP, thats what you should expect if you get it. If you go with someone talented like Jonathan you'll end up with a result that looks super natural. And the only annoyance will be having to explain yourself over and over as to why you shave you "hair."

Until later!

Could someone kindly inform me how to post photos from my desktop?

Edited by SMPrince

Here you go. A quick pic. I shave down to the bone with a razor, sometimes an electric foil shaver. I go for the complete shaved look. What I'm left with is a beautiful shadow that suggests hair is growing. Like my previous story, many times people ask WHY!? why shave a beautiful full head of hair???:D

I just want to point out, on the right side of my hairline it looks like there is a chunk missing. That is just the lighting of the picture, not extreme fading, or some funky hairline style.

5b32eadf4a6ac_IMG_2359(1).thumb.jpg.3764cac63fd4e35c1805da9f2282845d.jpg

Like my previous story, many times people ask WHY!? why shave a beautiful full head of hair???:D

Yea mate, honestly that's the best compliment you can receive as a guy with SMP! I love when people say things like "why do you shave your head, it looks like you have a full head of thick hair, why don't you grow it out?"

Congrats on your successful treatment SMPrince, it looks really good :)

Could you post a hi results pic? That's not telling us much. Is this temp smp?

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

Could you post a hi results pic? That's not telling us much. Is this temp smp?

I have somewhere a SUPER up close picture where you can't tell the difference between the SMP dots and my real hair except for the redness of the scalp as it was soon after my third treatment. I'm going to try to find that pic for you because I know a rare thing to find on these forums are up close pictures of the SMP.

Sorry I don't have a hundred pictures to share...but I do share with caution as I don't want to make it so obvious for someone I know to stumble on my pics and recognize something. At the same time I do want potential SMP seekers to be able to make a better decision.

Yea mate, honestly that's the best compliment you can receive as a guy with SMP! I love when people say things like "why do you shave your head, it looks like you have a full head of thick hair, why don't you grow it out?"

Congrats on your successful treatment SMPrince, it looks really good :)

Thanks buddy!

Here is the picture I was referring to. The results are best if you open the picture and click to zoom in. As you see the top of my scalp was still red at that time, that is how you can determine which dots are definitely SMP. But the key test is looking where the whiter skin meets the red. There is a mixture of SMP and real hair follicles. I think it's hard to tell.

Anyways, its a nice picture as it gives you an idea what SMP looks like more up close. As you see its not too much different than what real shaved follicles look like. Up close they look like individual dark dots.

Now I'm not saying they're perfect replicas. SMP dots are the slightest bit bigger than real hair follicles....but a skilled practitioner keeps them close as possible.

Now, after my second and third treatments I went back to the System Salon to show off my new look. The people there knew I was switching over to SMP. They were AMAZED. One of the girls sat me down and literally planted her nose into my scalp inspecting the SMP. She said it looked like real hair to her. Keep in mind this is someone who deals with heads of hair all day.

Infact...she was so impressed she convinced her husband, who also wore a system to go get SMP done with Jonathan, and he was extremely happy with the results as well.

I would like to point out, that this picture shows my results after 3 treatments. I probably could use a fourth to fill in the density a bit more. Even Jonathan has told me he thinks I could use another. However. I'm putting that on hold as I feel happy with the results I have. I know Jonathan could probably make my head look even better...but its just one of those things where why change it if it isn't broken, you know?

IMG_2345.thumb.jpg.e879cb739037f94e93e76073e3a2ed80.jpg

Edited by SMPrince

hmmm... to me its not very impressive judging by the picture. Looks completely unnatural.. Sorry, just my opinion. Perhaps the redness is making it look worse, but I do think you need some more done. Maybe it looks different in real :)

Edited by Slimzy

Why are the dots so much bigger on your crown compared to the real stubbles on the side of your head?

Keep in mind, SMP dots in general are a bit bigger than the real stubble. I think the practitioners go darker and press harder on the crown because that area needs more density.

Keep in mind you are looking at an up close zoomed in picture. In real life someone would literally have to put their face up to your head to catch notice to the dot difference.

Slimzy, perhaps the redness is making it look unnatural to you. I'll try to take a similar updated pic now that my scalp isnt red anymore. I prefer using that picture so people can see exactly where the SMP starts and ends by the difference in scalp color.

To each their own I suppose. But I find nothing unnatural about the look. Infact, I wonder how many people have seen a real full head of hair shaved to the bone up close like that? Not an easy picture to find.

For me, one of the last straws that helped me decide to go through with SMP was not a picture of SMP but a picture of an actual head shaved to the bone and up close like that. On another SMP forum someone posted pictures asking if it was worth getting SMP because they had only just started to recede. They posted a picture of their "basically" full head of hair shaved down. It happened to be a very close up picture. When I saw that even a natural head of hair shaved down is just a bunch of dots that helped me decide to go through with SMP.

Most people are use to seeing shaved heads from a distance. Even its its jut a few feet away what you're going to notice is that "shadow" or shade of grey. Most people don't realize that hair shaved to the bone ends up looking dotty when viewed up close.

So perhaps lack of exposure to natural shaved heads is what makes you think it looks unnatural. If you still think he results are bad, all I can say is to each their own.

The only experiences I've had since getting SMP last June have been people questioning why I bother shaving such a nice head of hair :)

Here is the picture with the red taken out so anyone curious can get a better idea what it would look like once the scalp has settled. Hope that satisfies the nay sayers, although it's been brought to my attention who one of them really is :D

image.thumb.jpeg.91ffad2835f38d2017fe1fc760038800.jpeg

I also realized the size difference of the dots seems to be exaggerated due to the angle of the picture. You'll notice the further down you go on my head the smaller the dots get even when comparing natural hair higher up to natural hair lower.

It may just be the angle from which the photograph was taken and the redness due to the freshness of the treatment that makes it look less than its best. Perhaps after the healing process and a better angle picture will do it better justice.

It still looks like a successful result from what I can tell.

I also see the dots around your frontal half are smaller and matches your side stubbles more. Why couldn't the same size dots be applied to the crown?

Again, things to keep in mind. The angle of the photo is making the dots on top look a little bigger than they are. A trick of photography if you will. Happens all the time. You see someone you know is short standing near someone else you know is tall, but in the pic they look closer in height.

Not to mention something else to be kept in mind. This picture was taken soon after my third treatment. The dots were are still scabbed over. close to 2 weeks after any SMP treatment the scabs start falling off and the dots look even smaller.

You mention how small the SMP dots are close to the sides. If you're considering SMP pay attention to that. What I do know from my practitioner is the shorter amount of time the needle hits the head the smaller the dot will be.

If you're not wanting to accept why the dots are appearing bigger in that picture and you're looking into SMP. Simple, when you get your SMP done tell your practitioner you'd like the dots the same size all around.

Hello SMPprine.

I have hair still and I shave my head fully down. It doesn't look anything like that.

Well Slimzy. I've taken a look at your pics. You mean to say you barely have hair. Perhaps with those wispy hairs left due to diffuse thinning, or a HT you don't see much when you shave down.

But hey, as they say, the proof is in the pudding. Please shave and attach a pic for us to see.

Because I'm very curious what you think your hair is suppose to look like when its shaved down.

But for those who are HONESTLY curious and not just looking to talk junk and put others down I will attach such a picture.

This is a picture of just my side shaved down. All natural hair growing no SMP there. The area that is on the side of my head is freshly shaven to the bone. Nicks of blood and drops of water are proof of that. The side burn leading into my beard is still a day of growth (more evidence the upper sides have just been shaved.

The picture speaks for itself, but what do you see when all that hair is shaven down? A bunch of black random dots.

So slimzy I get it. I've checked your other posts. You like to be negative. But if you're going to say something back it up. Lets see what those little hairs you're holding onto look like when shaved.

Let me add for the truly curious. Even the hair follicles (dots) on the side of my head are in varying sizes. No SMP there, all mother nature.

IMG_2348.thumb.jpg.e7307a31eb232d03d9b60982cb17fc93.jpg

Edited by SMPrince

It may just be the angle from which the photograph was taken and the redness due to the freshness of the treatment that makes it look less than its best. Perhaps after the healing process and a better angle picture will do it better justice.

It still looks like a successful result from what I can tell.

Thanks Ken. I don't feel the need to justify the naysayers with more pics. I chose the pic right after my treatment because I thought the red would help people be able to see were the treatment ends and starts better.

All the proof I need that it is a success is the experiences I have on a daily basis.

As I've said in my stories. People constantly question why I shave such a nice head of hair.

Never has anyone asked "Why are the dots on top bigger?" Because they simply aren't.

My goal by posting is to help others suffering from hair loss gather information about this specific type of solution and how it can positively change their life. Like it has mine. No time for haters.