Shaving recepient area well after surgery

Hey folks,

First time poster.

2000 grafts. Tampa Hair restoration clinic. Dr. Slusher.

All grafts were placed along the receded corners of my hairline and just below my hairline to lower it about half an inch or so. Some were also put in existing hairline to reinforce it since it was lower density.

They are a Reputable practice. Operates alongside with Dr. Bassin out of Orlando (though he did not perform or consult me).

Seemed to have very good reviews online. Nice place, all the new technology, etc..

I'm almost at 5 months. I've seen lots of tiny hair pop out of recip area. I seem to follow the common trend of hair growing much denser in certain sides. Its much stronger in the center of my forehead, decent strong on the left side, but the right side seems to have much more sporadic growth.

Recently, I've been shaving the recip area every few days with a razor just because it looks better without all those fine, rather pathetic hairs all sporadically coming out. I'm waiting until 6 months hit to grow it out. My question is: I'm not delaying the hair from coming out by doing this am I?

I wouldn't think so, as the graft is lodged inside the skin comfortably now and I didn't start doing this until well after the 4 week mark.

Also, anyone else have heavy lag on one side of hairline?

Thanks for your time guys

Got some pics?

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

Hey man. I'm not sure what those other posts are about either. ;)

I started buzzing my head a couple weeks after my procedure (with the okay from my doctor) and I had zero issues. After two weeks, the grafts are completely secure anyway. Granted, I didn't use a razor - just a pair of clippers (and was still very careful as I didn't want to irritate the skin). In all honesty, that would be my main concern: that somehow the skin gets irritated and infected somehow by using a razor directly on the already recently compromised skin - but at 5 months post op, I can't imagine this is an issue.

The only way to know for sure if this is recommended for you though is to contact your doctor and ask him specifically is this is safe for you to do. Every doctor has their own set of criteria, and no matter what anyone tells you here, I think it's always best to follow the advice of your own surgeon.

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My views/opinions are my own and don't necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

Check out my hair loss website for photos

FUE surgery by Dr. Mohebi on 7/31/14
2,001 grafts - Ones: 607; Twos: 925; Threes: 413; Fours: 56

thanks bud. I used a buzz and about 20 days later. didnt need to shave for a few months & was always extremely careful. skin didnt show any irritation. its just very patchy and like many others: it looks worse before i'll look better I hope.

thanks bud. I used a buzz and about 20 days later. didnt need to shave for a few months & was always extremely careful. skin didnt show any irritation. its just very patchy and like many others: it looks worse before i'll look better I hope.

Yep. It always looks worse before it looks better. Knowing this is over half the battle. Otherwise, panic ensues. :eek:

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My views/opinions are my own and don't necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

Check out my hair loss website for photos

FUE surgery by Dr. Mohebi on 7/31/14
2,001 grafts - Ones: 607; Twos: 925; Threes: 413; Fours: 56

The hair should eventually break the skin after shaved. It would be awesome to checkout the photos.

My opinions are my own. I am one representative of MyWHTC Clinic's European branch.

Consultation Dates & Cities for Dr. Patrick Mwamba

London, United Kingdom - Available (Sat.)

Zurich, Switzerland - Available (Saturday)

Bologna, Italy - Available (Saturday)

Brussles, Belgium - Available (Sun.-Sat.) *No Fee*

Dr. Patrick Mwamba is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians