Electrolysis to remove some transplanted hairs?

Anyone have had electrolysis to remove transplanted hairs on recipient site to raise a hairline? I'd like to remove some hairs on the corners to give a natural receding look since my corners curve down too low with unnatural angled hairs.

Does a dermatologist/MD Doctor need to do the electrolysis hair removal? I googled electrolysis within my city and the results mostly showing skin care clinics with electrologist doing the removal.

Why do you want to destroy your precious grafts? I would rather FUE them and get them relocated further back.

Because I'm getting SMP on my FUE scars and don't want anymore scars. Also will buzz down short and done with hair transplants.

• Administrators

My honest opinion, SMP with no hair does not look good, smp looks good when you have a lot of hair to camoflauge in too, I don't recommend removing grafts unless they're plugs. Additionally, it's best to try temporary smp to see if you'd like it, I've seen smp in person with no hair it doesn't look natural, it's supposed to look like the shadow of cleanly bic'd hair, but when you get close, you can see somethings not right, you have to bic your head everyday in order for it look remotely ok, proceed with caution choosing smp as a standalone.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

My honest opinion, SMP with no hair does not look good, smp looks good when you have a lot of hair to camoflauge in too, I don't recommend removing grafts unless they're plugs. Additionally, it's best to try temporary smp to see if you'd like it, I've seen smp in person with no hair it doesn't look natural, it's supposed to look like the shadow of cleanly bic'd hair, but when you get close, you can see somethings not right, you have to bic your head everyday in order for it look remotely ok, proceed with caution choosing smp as a standalone.

I believe he said he was getting SMP into the FUE scars.

• Administrators
I believe he said he was getting SMP into the FUE scars.

I thiught he said he wanted to remove hairs on his hairline and temple, smp to the donor area is a good idea as it has plenty of hair to camouflage in too, but I don't understand why you'd need electrolysis for that.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

I thiught he said he wanted to remove hairs on his hairline and temple, smp to the donor area is a good idea as it has plenty of hair to camouflage in too, but I don't understand why you'd need electrolysis for that.

It's two separate things. He wants electrolysis to push up his hairline and temple. When I suggested he FUE those hairs, I believe he e was implying that he doesn't want any more scars. That then led to him stating that he has enough scars from his FUE procedure that he wants to sort out with SMP - separate from the electrolysis.

Edited by mav23100gunther

It's two separate things. He wants electrolysis to push up his hairline and temple. When I suggested he FUE those hairs, I believe he e was implying that he doesn't want any more scars. That then led to him stating that he has enough scars from his FUE procedure that he wants to sort out with FUE - separate from the electrolysis.

Yes. SMP will mainly be for donor FUE scars. Would like feedback from someone who did get electrolysis for hair removal on low hairline or any part of their body. Thanks for your and HTsoons input.

I had electrolysis done and it will definitely help however, keep in mind that it may take several sessions to completely destroy the follicles. Generally it's performed by private estheticians and beauty clinics, but you may find a dermatologist who performs it as well. When looking into clinics check to see which modes of electrolysis they use, there are three. Galvanic, Blend and Thermolysis. I prefer blend as its a balance of galvanic and thermolysis and will probably be the fastest method. Thermolysis is the fastest method taking a second or two to treat a follicle, but uses a lot of heat and has potential to scar the skin and cause blowouts. Especially in hands of a bad esthetician. It will also take more sessions to destroy the hair as its the least powerful of the three. Galvanic is the most powerful but can take 40 seconds to a minute to treat each follicle and can be very time consuming. Hope this helped a bit and good luck with your temples.

In the future, you may need those grafts to treat further loss. Can you share any photos?

My opinions are my own. I am one representative of MyWHTC Clinic's European branch.

Consultation Dates & Cities for Dr. Patrick Mwamba

London, United Kingdom - Available (Sat.)

Zurich, Switzerland - Available (Saturday)

Bologna, Italy - Available (Saturday)

Brussles, Belgium - Available (Sun.-Sat.) *No Fee*

Dr. Patrick Mwamba is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

You can also consider having them removed by laser which does not leave scarring.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

You can also consider having them removed by laser which does not leave scarring.

I did some research and laser is usually only temporary and can regrow after a few years. It can be a bit faster than electrolysis since it covers multiple follicles in one pass but I like the idea of electrolysis since it targets one follicle at a time which should be more ideal at the hairline.

Edited by zyzz
  • Like 1

In the future, you may need those grafts to treat further loss. Can you share any photos?

If that time comes which I'm sure it's already progressing, I'll just shave and deal with it. I've come to terms with hair loss and prefer shaved/bald.

I can only applaud your honesty. Much of how people view us is how we view ourselves.

My opinions are my own. I am one representative of MyWHTC Clinic's European branch.

Consultation Dates & Cities for Dr. Patrick Mwamba

London, United Kingdom - Available (Sat.)

Zurich, Switzerland - Available (Saturday)

Bologna, Italy - Available (Saturday)

Brussles, Belgium - Available (Sun.-Sat.) *No Fee*

Dr. Patrick Mwamba is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians