2802 FUE with Dr. Erdogan

templeloss

Just got back to the US at 6am after a long flight. So, I got 2802 FUE done with Erdogan:

Total Hair: 7495

Hair Count: 2.67

Caliber: 70 on the sides and 100 on the back! They said I was a very special case and they have rarely seen anyone with such a dense donor area. I hope that is a good thing! I wanted at least 3200 but the doc said it was impossible because the thickness of the donor. Asmed clinic was beyond amazing and clean. My face was fine until late in the day after the surgery. I look like an alien with such a swollen face. Is this normal? I will post some before and after pics that don't show my face.

before1.thumb.jpg.54b7436a3622bc38b4d70aff15986a16.jpg

5b32ea2234836_before2.thumb.jpg.584c61b45c2910c5ded71c886232ca03.jpg

5b32ea2247051_before3.thumb.jpg.bc554c70a0475c12bddc8a6cbcc6f885.jpg

5b32ea2258e04_after1.thumb.jpg.e699fdc9e66051addd9ec13f3ab5901a.jpg

5b32ea226ade7_after2.thumb.jpg.c96d4161f4bf8e87388a0f4e2372d71c.jpg

5b32ea2301f2e_after3.thumb.jpg.10e02a24425451c3c04dd5e0f02079e5.jpg

It's in Istanbul, Turkey. Yes, the doc said I have 8700 grafts that can be extracted without anyone noticing. I only had 2800 extracted, so I still have a lot left. But, hopefully I'll never have to worry about that. I'm hoping to keep what I have with Proscar, which I started 3 weeks ago. I really hope it turns out perfect. It was extremely taxing having to take the train to NYC, then the Subway to the JFK airport, then 2, 10 hour flights, then the train again back to my house. All this, plus an 8 hour surgery in three days. I'm so glad it's over, and I hope my research pays off

2 Day Post OP:

Ok, so the surgery was two days ago on the 30th of December. Please see the attached pictures of two days post operation. PLEASE, let me know if you see any damaged or broken grafts compared to the pictures directly after post op. This afternoon, I woke up with some small bloody circles as you can see in the picture. I think they may be grafts that were broken during sleep?

5b32ea233d60f_2daypostop.thumb.jpg.ed5f02307ca5e196463ed40006294c43.jpg

5b32ea2354a95_2daypostop2.thumb.jpg.5ea6b4b936beed86fab35140bd697c83.jpg

Half-way through the surgery they told me that my number was a 3.3! They told me they've never seen anything like it! All the other techs were coming in the room to look at my donor area haha. They had to move to the side of my head to find singles for the hairline...I'm guessing that's why the number dropped to a 2.67 ratio...

Half-way through the surgery they told me that my number was a 3.3! They told me they've never seen anything like it! All the other techs were coming in the room to look at my donor area haha. They had to move to the side of my head to find singles for the hairline...I'm guessing that's why the number dropped to a 2.67 ratio...

Oh man oh man oh man - this is going to be a killer result. Can you donate some of your donor to me?

It's in Istanbul, Turkey. Yes, the doc said I have 8700 grafts that can be extracted without anyone noticing. I only had 2800 extracted, so I still have a lot left. But, hopefully I'll never have to worry about that. I'm hoping to keep what I have with Proscar, which I started 3 weeks ago. I really hope it turns out perfect. It was extremely taxing having to take the train to NYC, then the Subway to the JFK airport, then 2, 10 hour flights, then the train again back to my house. All this, plus an 8 hour surgery in three days. I'm so glad it's over, and I hope my research pays off

Hey man Im literally about to make the same journey from North carolina on Jan 10th. Did everything go ok traveling to that area from the states? was the clinic nice?

The travel was the worst part. Personally, I am deathly afraid of flying, so that part for me was the worst. I wasn't even nervous about the surgery, but I was a sweaty mess after the flights. The flights I had were direct. 9 hours there, and 11 hours on the way home. The flight on the way home was delayed 4 hours because of heavy snow in Istanbul. Consequently, I missed my Amtrak, and had to wait 5 hours in Penn Station in NY until 3 am. That is how I spent my New Years.....definitely wasn't fun. The driver will meet you at the airport. He doesn't speak English, but he puts you on the phone right away with Sevinc (or whoever you have been emailing with from the Asmed Clinic). The Van is a white van with Asmed written on the headrests. Very fancy, leather interior. It took 2 hours to get from the airport to the clinic. We took a ferry and there was a lot of traffic. The clinic is beautiful, way clean. It puts American health clinics to shame. I did not wear the hat until I got to NY. I'm from Delaware by the way. I saw like 6 or 7 guys at the airport in Istanbul who had hair transplants. It is normal there.

Is it normal to have some hairs come out 7 days post op? This morning in the shower, some of the hairs came off with the white scabs attached...Did I lose the graft or just the hair? Also, I thought I'd give more detail about my surgery:

Total Graft: 2802

Total Hair: 7495

Hair per Graft: 2.67

Caliber: 70/80/100

1 Hair: 257

2 Hair: 1050

3 Hair: 948

4 Hair: 445

5 Hair: 98

6 Hair: 4

Nothing to worry about. The grafts are secure. You're just shedding the newly grown transplanted hair which sheds anyway. Thats a good sign really. Once they shed, in a few months time the growth cycle should begin. That how the program works! Take it easy buddy.

Thanks Yaz! Is it ok for me to now start rubbing the recipient area with my fingertips while in the shower, or should I still only lightly dab for the next few days? Thanks! I have been treating my head like the Holy Grail the past week. I'm wondering when I can start getting back into my normal routine...

By the way Yaz, I just read your story...Your result turned out fantastic! I am wondering why you were planning a second operation, especially since you look great already..Will you still go through with a second op? Have the use of meds stopped your hair loss...if yes, when did you notice stoppage of the hair fall?

Thanks Yaz! Is it ok for me to now start rubbing the recipient area with my fingertips while in the shower, or should I still only lightly dab for the next few days? Thanks! I have been treating my head like the Holy Grail the past week. I'm wondering when I can start getting back into my normal routine...

No worries bro! If you still have scabs, gently tap them under the shower head. Most likely they should fall off in the next few days. The white scabs you see is the skin healing. That is normal. I think once all the new transplanted hairs have shed, you can progress to normal washing.

By the way Yaz, I just read your story...Your result turned out fantastic! I am wondering why you were planning a second operation, especially since you look great already..Will you still go through with a second op? Have the use of meds stopped your hair loss...if yes, when did you notice stoppage of the hair fall?

Thanks bud! Basically, my hair line is far too high. So I am planning to drop my hair line. Make it a bit rounder and straightener. And slightly close my temples. The thing is, I look exactly like I did when I was 18 with the same hair style you see in my thread. It is the only style I can pull off, due to the high line being far too high.

Yes my second op is in early April. I have been on meds (fin) since Oct 2013. I actually began fin on the day of my surgery. What I noticed, I have very little hair loss right now, my crown and mid scalp has thickened up where no grafts where placed (I think I have a few pics in my thread showing this). But most importantly my donor feels much more thicker, darker and more full prior starting fin, despite removing 2400 grafts. And I have had no side-effects at all.

I would say when I was started fin, on the 6th month mark, I had an massive shed and I panicked! I realised this was normal and the hair came back much thicker and more full.

Check my thread in five minutes time. I am going to post new pics showing my hair in its current state and you will understand my problem.

If you need any support, don't hesitate to contact me fellow Asmed patient :)

Oh by the way, before fin I was shedding like 50-100 hairs a day. This would occur whilst brushing my hair or showering. Thanks to fin, I only lose like 20 or more odd hairs.

Great! I will definitely check out those pictures. I started a generic proscar three weeks prior to my surgery, and I switched over to the real proscar that Erdogan gave me the day after my surgery. So far I haven't noticed any positive or negative differences. My hope is that I can hold onto all the hair I have left so I will never have to go for a transplant again. I also hope that my transplant comes in nice and dense. Good luck with your second transplant! You are in good hands with Erdogan, as you already know from experience.

I would stick to brand name (merck). I have always used brand name proscar. Just cut the pill into four's. I am a bit wary of generic and also tend to use to the brand name. Also better to be safe than sorry.

Your result will be awesome. Trust me, I had 2400 grafts spread in a large area which has had such a massive change to my appearance. Imagine your end result with your number of grafts in a small area and taking into account your graft counts!

And thanks bud for the wishes for my second op. Pics be right now

Removed all (98%) of the scabs this morning in the shower. A lot of the hairs have been shedding from days 7-10 in the shower. Maybe 50 transplanted hairs or more each time. I think that is too early to shed already?

20160109_115355.thumb.jpg.270ac5be73d6e87b88ec686c2dc6cec6.jpg

20160109_115402.thumb.jpg.685544199a87ec8d0f76a89a493e4289.jpg

20160109_115406.thumb.jpg.b641c7f9af1871b236a251306a6aa9e8.jpg

20160109_115415.thumb.jpg.92c23f41d195390223ea94b7c8bb8fb2.jpg

20160109_115424.thumb.jpg.e7b97a6ad0cac39dcd929c53615868db.jpg

20160109_115432.thumb.jpg.fc704ee53829c61be028986fe2d12167.jpg