Expecting hair loss pattern with HT

Hi

I m trying to analyze the hair pattern in my family to see how i should go further in my HT jorney espicially after i waste a serious amount of grafts 3600 for frontal third

I m fully surprised that the majority of my family from both sides were NW 4 in their 40s 50s and their status deteriorate gradually when they became in their 60s to reach to NW 6 they had more hair than me now and i m 30, That s why i rush to HT i never expect to be bald at 30, my brother is norwood - 10 and his 26 how that can be possible ?

I already had HT in frontal third 3600 grafts and still in the bank around 3000 or 4500 with beard hair

Is there still a risk to loss more in 30s ? or i already loss the majority, it is still a safe game to continue in HT journey and do more density and covering ?

How i should take this from now on ?

• Moderators

Looking at the latest pictures on your profile, it looks like the front is coming along pretty well for less than 5 months. I personally would want to try to work further back for the next session rather than trying to fill in the front any more. You have a lot of area to cover.

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

• Moderators

My father had a full head of hair into his 60s and my older brother had a full head of hair into his 40s, but I was a NW 6 in my early 20s. I have the same hair loss pattern as my uncle which was obvious to me by the time I was around 18 or 19 as he was a NW 6 by his early to mid 20s. He is more than 30 years older than me, so I could see where I was going to be when I got older. That was why I had a hair transplant. I didn't want to be NW 6/7 bald for 50+ years.

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

Same story, yeah i noticed my uncle also His the most bald one in the family he was nw 6 in his 30s and now with his old age he is may be norwood 7 or even 8

Ohh SHIT... This will be the scariest scenario in my life if I become like him with hair transplant

• Administrators

There's no such thing as Norwood 8 or 10, Norwood 7 is the most severe there is, generally by the time your 30 you'll be able to see the pattern forming, judging by your pics I'd say Norwood 6 is your future, there's no use in worrying about what may happen, best you can do is take preventive medications like minoxidil and fin, also using your grafts wisely is crucial, body hair is something to look in to also for additional coverage, in the future, techniques will be refined and I believe things will be better even for the most advanced patients.

Jus gong your hairloss based on family is pointless, my brother is 39 Norwood 1 father is 58 Norwood 2 and I'm 30 Norwood 6, also my grandpa on my mothers side died at 90 with a full head of hair, all of my uncles in my moms side are Norwood 0, I am by far the baldest person in my family. This genetic condition is unpredictable and I feel the trait effects individuals differently.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.