HT in Turkey?

I have been informed that this is a recent hotspot for hair transplants that are affordable. As with anything affordable: I am worried about quality. I was wondering what some who have had experiences with it would say about the whole experience? I've looked at before and after photos at a few places, and they seem good, but I was looking for a general perspective.

Thanks!

I have been informed that this is a recent hotspot for hair transplants that are affordable. As with anything affordable: I am worried about quality. I was wondering what some who have had experiences with it would say about the whole experience? I've looked at before and after photos at a few places, and they seem good, but I was looking for a general perspective.

Thanks!

My advice would be stay away.

I had a transplant in turkey and that was a Big mistake.

If you cant afford to go to some of the best, Then i would wait until you Can afford it

My advice would be stay away.

I had a transplant in turkey and that was a Big mistake.

If you cant afford to go to some of the best, Then i would wait until you Can afford it

Where?

Pm me if you don't wish to name the clinic in this threat.

I'm going in three weeks, so any advice appreciated.

Thanks!

I had a HT in Istanbul on 17th December . I found the experience very good to be honest . After a fair time researching the various doctors in Turkey , I booked the procedure a month ago .

Everything went fine as expected - airport transfers , 5 star hotel , excellent clinic - couldn't fault it .

There is plenty of information around on the more well known surgeons over there . Although the tech' clinics do post some impressive results , I personally wasn't prepared to take chances .

I had a HT in Istanbul on 17th December . I found the experience very good to be honest . After a fair time researching the various doctors in Turkey , I booked the procedure a month ago .

Everything went fine as expected - airport transfers , 5 star hotel , excellent clinic - couldn't fault it .

There is plenty of information around on the more well known surgeons over there . Although the tech' clinics do post some impressive results , I personally wasn't prepared to take chances .

I was looking at Erdogan (http://www.hairtransplantfue.org/asmed-hair-transplant-result/) at the moment, and his results seemed really good. Could you explain the highlighted part? I don't quite understand what chances you weren't ready to take?

Edited by Theodpliske8711

I was looking at Erdogan (ASMED | Hair Transplant Results Gallery) at the moment, and his results seemed really good. Could you explain the highlighted part? I don't quite understand what chances you weren't ready to take?

Im referring to the tech' clinics where the input from a surgeon is likely to be minimal ie. marking out the hairline . The results they publicise will be the best of the best , so posted results don't always tell the whole story .

Erdogan posts some tremendous results and wouldn't condider Asmed as a tech clinic .

Im referring to the tech' clinics where the input from a surgeon is likely to be minimal ie. marking out the hairline . The results they publicise will be the best of the best , so posted results don't always tell the whole story .

Erdogan posts some tremendous results and wouldn't condider Asmed as a tech clinic .

Allmost Everybody who had a HT with Erdogan us telling that Erdogan spend very little time in the surgery and almost entirely techs are doing the work.

Have you had a HT with him since you wouldnt Call it a tech clinic?

You are correct Turkey is a hotspot for hair transplants I had 4200 FUE at a tech clinic ,Doc just drew the hair-line. Erdogan and Dr Yaman are the only recommended Docs on this site at the moment as far I''m aware ,there are more clinics there where the Doctor actually is hands on but you will have to do do your research to find them,in saying that there are a handful of tech set -ups that are actually turning out good results for affordable prices, check out the 'Real Self' website ,[ real patient reviews] just depends on your bank balance and if you are willing to take a risk

Just to add I would say I have an average result when I say average I'm including results I've seen from all clinics be they recommended or not, definitely a big improvement, I'm going to need a second one as I am/was a Norwood 5-6 but if you look at Lorenzo's site nearly all of the Norwood 5-6 shown needed 2 transplants, taken everything into account I would still advise going to a recommended Doctor no matter where he/she is.

Edited by Mick50

That's interesting because in another thread, there was talk of Erdogan relying heavily on techs. What would be the cut-off where you would consider a clinic to become a "tech clinic"?

There are tech clinics then there are tech clinics . I don't know as to what the full extent of Erdogans involvement in the procedures at his clinic , but I would have thought he'd be involved to some extent in the graft removal and incisions to the recipient area . Only an assumption, so may be way off the mark .

The tech clinics I would be majorly concerned about would be where the surgeon merely marks the lines on the head . I'd consider that pretty much a full tech clinic .

Personally , the only part of the procedure I would want the techs doing would be placing the grafts . That's it .

Allmost Everybody who had a HT with Erdogan us telling that Erdogan spend very little time in the surgery and almost entirely techs are doing the work.

Have you had a HT with him since you wouldnt Call it a tech clinic?

As mentioned above , I'm not fully aware of Erdogans involvement in the overall procedure . If he has little involvement in the procedure then I'd guess you could call it a tech clinic . I did think he had possibly more involvement overall though .

No, I didn't have a HT with his clinic , and based on what you're saying I wouldn't .

You are correct Turkey is a hotspot for hair transplants I had 4200 FUE at a tech clinic ,Doc just drew the hair-line. Erdogan and Dr Yaman are the only recommended Docs on this site at the moment as far I''m aware ,there are more clinics there where the Doctor actually is hands on but you will have to do do your research to find them,in saying that there are a handful of tech set -ups that are actually turing out good results for affordable prices, check out the 'Real Self' website ,[ real patient reviews] just depends on your bank balance and if you are willing to take a risk

Just to add I would say I have an average result when I say average I'm including results I've seen from all clinics be they recommended or not, definitely a big improvement, I'm going to need a second one as I am/was a Norwood 5-6 but if you look at Lorenzo's site nearly all of the Norwood 5-6 shown needed 2 transplants, taken everything into account I would still advise going to a recommended Doctor no matter where he/she is.

I had a recent HT where the surgeon was hands on , and yes I did have to research . I'm a Norwood 6 so only had half the area attended to with a similar no; of grafts to yourself . If I want the crown region doing , a second HT is definitely required .

Best of luck man, I believe you went with Dr Karadeniz, I'm pretty sure you will get a good result, as i'm sure you know the first 3 months are the worst, it's not easy for high Norwoods but satisfactory results are obtainable