9 Months post op NO significant growth

Monty14

Hi Every one , I am 32 year old from Sydney . I had FUE hair transplant done just over 9 Months ago. I got 6000 Drafts. My Dr claimed the results will be best possible from a FUE transplant.

He explained me the procedure and the growth stages, up until now everything he said has been correct , the shock loss, the 3 months scalp recovery , the 6 months slight growth . And to be honest things were looking very promising.

About 7-8 months post op, I started noticing some hair loss , my doctor said this could just be the hair cycle and there is nothing to worry and just cut hairs short for a while. But I am really worried as in last 2 months I have lost a lot of hairs . And there is no significant improvement ,I mean there are new hairs but not dense and it does not look like I have gone thru a major procedure . I saw quite a lot of posts where doctors claim what you see in 9 months is pity much your final result.

I am really worried, I will be posting photos shortly but can some one please offer me some advise. and if I should take any meds ?

Monty,

Welcome! It's pretty difficult to give advice on a topic like this without first viewing photos.

A lot can still change in the next few months but it's good that you are maintaining open communication with your surgeon in the event the growth ends up being subpar.

Please share your pics so we can provide you with some quality feedback.

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

Hi David ,

Thanks for your reply . here are 3 pics . one just after surgery , one after 4 months when things were looking good and one from last week ( 9 Months post op ) as you will see there are some new hairs , but for 6000 draft and the huge money i paid i was expecting a lot better .

Monty

5b32e9efbb8ce_photo1.JPG.e1dd2f560c4728c3b4b3b868be8de080.JPG

5b32e9efd6400_photo3.jpg.9371027c55b34fbbe6f235ce64cf33fb.jpg

5b32e9efeb1b8_photo2.JPG.fd6af07ef4e8528729cf4a9312bb4dfa.JPG

David ,

what i want to understand is , is there any reason why suddenly after 8 months i am having a hair loss, and is my doctor correct when he says its a hair cycle and just use regain . He believes , whatever the reason may be , my hairs will be restored . He is a very well known doctor of sydney , but I am concerned , as even he looked a bit surprised after seeing my progress.

I appreciate your advise.

Monty

@Monty - yes its definitely just the cycle of your hair, i had the same at 7-8months try not to panic

June 2013 - 3000 FUE Dr Bhatti

Oct 2013 - 1000 FUE Dr Bhatti

Oct 2015 - 785 FUE Dr Bhatti

Dr. Bhatti's Recommendation Profile on the Hair Transplant Network

My story and photos can be seen here

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/Sethticles/

• 1 month later...

Unfortunately the only real advice we can offer is patience and hope. That's all you can really do at this point. Doctors say you don't see the true final results for 18 months to 2 years, but with guys having such great results sooner, I think its become the norm to expect that when comparing you case to another.

Try hair toppik or dermmatch if you would like to add density. I'm sure its not the most ideal solution, but it's an option.

Good luck

Hi ,

Its 12 months now and I can see new hairs but no density . IF I keep hairs really short its okay but if I let them grow a bit they are curly and looks worst than pre HT : (

please see my pics and give me some advise . Please

May I ask you if you mean "grafts" when you write "drafts"? Also was the 6000 "grafts" in 1 day? This is grafts not hair correct? Because a 6000 FUE in 1 day IMO is humanely not possible. So I am worried you got cheated. Either he lied to you about the # of grafts (which would be the better scenario) or he pissed away a lot of valuable hair.

I am hoping you mean 6000 hairs and not 6000 grafts. You are a diffuse thinner so they are prone to shock loss but it should happen early in the cycle and the shock lossed hair should back by now.

Please post updated photos.

Jan 2016 - 3800 graft FUT with Dr. Konior

NW 5A to 6.

Docs whose results I am most consistently impressed with: Konior, Cooley (FUT), Hasson (FUT), Diep (FUE) (yeah I like the zig zag).

You look very very advanced in balding. If you are still losing, 6000 grafts wonthe give you a full head of hair. I would grow your hair out and see where you are in 3 months.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

I would say that you hair looks longer in the 4 month photos you should grow your hair out as Spanker suggests when the hair is low density like that then hair length can add to the illusion and transplants look better when the hair is medium length as it can layer over one another creating a fuller look.

---

Former patient and representative for Hasson & Wong.

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are esteemed members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Hasson & Wong.

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Hasson