Pre & Post Advice For Best Results.

Copper peptides, emu oil...

Thanks Petchski.... are these for the donor or recipient areas. or both ?

I'm hoping to speed up the healing and growing process as much as possible. And minimize any problems with the donor scar especially prior to the stitches being removed.

Thanks Petchski.... are these for the donor or recipient areas. or both ?

I'm hoping to speed up the healing and growing process as much as possible. And minimize any problems with the donor scar especially prior to the stitches being removed.

Both. I've read that vitamin c post op is good for healing, so i've bought some 1000mg tablets, and got some cayenne capsules to help with good blood circulation, along with some MSM to help speed up the hair growth as my head will be shaved for the procedure.

There is also some kind of ATP spray that some clinics use to speed up healing, but you can't buy it privately, you have to be a doctor to get hold of it.

--------------------------------------

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Feller

Dr Feller Jan '09 2000 grafts

Dr Lorenzo Dec '15 2222 grafts

Win the mental game.

That means letting the post-op process take its course. Everyone will tell you (as im experiencing now) theres a "high" immediately after you have the procedure followed by a powerless waiting period. Its all normal. Stress is bad for healing and worrying gets you no closer to your desired outcome.

I say this after I just counted a few hairs in the mirror ;) Most of all, dont take yourself too seriously.

Petchski could you elaborate on the ATP Spray you mentioned. Not really familiar with that. Have you used this in the past ?

esrec, yes getting through the first few months can be very stressful. Not at all ready to deal with this again !

Also I noticed no one mentioned Biotin, which I thought sped up hair growth. I hope I didn't waste my money as I already stocked up...

NewHare,

There are a number of supplements you could take, but ultimately, you should follow your doctor's post operative instructions. Other than that, it's just a waiting game. As for preoperative instructions, doing scalp exercises will help increase scalp elasticity if you are doing strip which may help the doctor harvest more hair in a single procedure. If you are doing FUE, scalp exercises won't make any difference.

Other than that, I just recommend eating healthy and doing anything that's overall healthy for your body. Healthy habits yield healthy hair. I'm a firm believer that a healthy diet and regular exercise will help promote healthy hair growth and may even expedite transplanted hair growth. But like I said, other than making sure you've selected an outstanding surgeon like those recommended by our community, time, following your doctors postoperative instructions, being healthy and trying to be patient and staying as stress-free as possible is the recipe for success.

Best wishes,

Bill

It is best to simply avoid anything that your doctor did not recommend. Follow post-op instructions to the letter and if you have any questions contact the clinic first. Forums are great for general information but for important information about your own post-operative recovery only your clinic should be consulted. The general rules do apply outside of that. Be as healthy as you can with the foods you eat, exercise, don't smoke and avoid stress. Do that and you've set the stage for success.

I represent Dr. Jerry Cooley online. All opinions are my own and do not necessarily represent those of Dr. Cooley. I am not a doctor.

Learn more about Jerry Cooley MD and Hair Center in Charlotte, NC

For complimentary consultations with one of the leading hair transplant doctors worldwide please contact us here.

Hair Transplant Consultation With Jerry Cooley MD at HairCenter.com