Ht using beard hairs

Hello, I have been away for a long time just to remind you of my situation- I was ready for a HT with Dr Radha 2 years ago but was told my donor area was limited and I wouldn't get the 4500 grafts required to give me a good result. Therefore I have been researching and reading blogs daily to give myself an insight into resolving my hair loss situation.

I would like advice from anybody here on this forum as regards to using my very thick beard hairs to enhance my donor supply. I would prefer FUE and beard hairs and really cover and thicken my frontal zones more than worrying about the crown.

I am prepared to travel I am from UK and of Asian descent, also I do have a budget of ?5000. I will add some pics. Thank you for reading.

• Administrators

For your budget, I think your best bet is Dr. Bhatti in Chandigarh India, he does BHT, I think body hair is best used to blend with scalp hair just to add density, I don't think purely body hair would yield a good result, I myself am planning on doing body hair just to add some density and crown coverage, you are full blown Norwood 6 a somewhat complicated case, but I'm sure your expectations are good, you obviously realized the crown probably will remain bald. Another dr who performs body hair is Dr. Bisanga send some quotes and good luck. I too am a Norwood 6 you can see my pics just to get an idea so far I've had 4,000 grafts FUE.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Using beard in the areas behind the hairline may benefit you. Have you considered using your scalp hair in the front and then restocking the donor area with beard hair? You could maximize your resources with this approach.

My opinions are my own. I am one representative of MyWHTC Clinic's European branch.

Consultation Dates & Cities for Dr. Patrick Mwamba

London, United Kingdom - Available (Sat.)

Zurich, Switzerland - Available (Saturday)

Bologna, Italy - Available (Saturday)

Brussles, Belgium - Available (Sun.-Sat.) *No Fee*

Dr. Patrick Mwamba is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

• Administrators
Using beard in the areas behind the hairline may benefit you. Have you considered using your scalp hair in the front and then restocking the donor area with beard hair? You could maximize your resources with this approach.

That's exactly what I want to do, but haven't found a doctor that does that, because they don't want to risk thinning the donor area too much.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Quite a large numbers (50%) of beard hairs were used to blend in aesthetically with head hair in my case. Got it done by Dr.Arika Bansal and Dr. Pradeep Sethi at their Gargaon clinic, New Delhi.

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/181502-nw-6-7-hair-transplant-new-delhi-ncr-region.html

Look through their eugenix india website and you will see some excellent NW 6/7 results. They do BHT (beard, chest, armpit).

My growth so far has been very good. I shall post my update every 2 months or so.

Hope this helps.

My Thread: 

Just as a word of caution, be very careful about using beard grafts in the hairline. If your beard hair is visually and significantly more coarse than your existing scalp hair, then visual compatibility can be an issue.

This is especially true if the color of the hair is dark and the complexion is more fair. In other words, "a wider color contrast" between the hair color and complexion color.

So not only is the degree of coarseness (hair caliber) a potential concern, but also how the hair shafts appear when the beard hair grows out. For some guys, their native scalp hair is more straight yet their beard hair grows out more wavy or curly.

So using beard hair in the crown, mid-scalp, and for scar repair is more suitable IMHO. But if it has to be in the frontal core, blending it at a lower ratio is going to produce a better visual result than at a higher ratio.

I would never use it to "commence" the hairline either.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY