New guy with questions

Hey there---

Great site with a lot of info. So much it's a bit overwhelming. Not sure where to start....

I'm 44 with a very slow reseeding hairline, but it's reach a point that it is bugging me now. I am not interested in taking Propecia. So, I'm thinking of hair transplant. I have a friend at an airline so I can travel. I would like a good doc, but also keep the costs in check... Anyway, here are a few pix. Thanks for any guidance in this journey.

IMG_3967.jpg.4509fd1c5bc8c733cedbc4177607fceb.jpg

IMG_3970.jpg.bf8098430e10f434caa47974e6adbcb4.jpg

IMG_3971.jpg.150e0ac158df4ffece3239af7846b9b4.jpg

5b32e95ce5ed4_IMG_1816(2).JPG.2d6b8665f8766110101751ee399c5c74.JPG

Welcome! There is a lot to know about hair transplant surgery and no substitute for putting in the time to carefully research and educate yourself. You may wish to being by consulting our interactive map. Here you can locate all of the physicians we recommend worldwide.

You may also like to review our recommendation criteria.

You'll find that everyone has their personal preferences for "best" hair transplant surgeon. Ultimately, you'll need to determine which of the recommended physicians is the best for you.

If you like, you can schedule free online consultations with any of the doctors we recommend.

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

Hey there---

Great site with a lot of info. So much it's a bit overwhelming. Not sure where to start....

I'm 44 with a very slow reseeding hairline, but it's reach a point that it is bugging me now. I am not interested in taking Propecia. So, I'm thinking of hair transplant. I have a friend at an airline so I can travel. I would like a good doc, but also keep the costs in check... Anyway, here are a few pix. Thanks for any guidance in this journey.

Being 44 years of age it does look like you are one of the lucky ones, where your recession is not progressing quickly. However, it is still progressing so you should never lose sight of the future. You will lose more hair so be prepared for this.

Take your time, do your research and be sure to ask plenty of questions. We are all here to help.

I represent Dr. Jerry Cooley online. All opinions are my own and do not necessarily represent those of Dr. Cooley. I am not a doctor.

Learn more about Jerry Cooley MD and Hair Center in Charlotte, NC

For complimentary consultations with one of the leading hair transplant doctors worldwide please contact us here.

Hair Transplant Consultation With Jerry Cooley MD at HairCenter.com

You've come to the right spot. I think this is the best forum online to find really valuable information and learn a ton about hair transplants. Do your research, ask questions, use the recommended list of docs here as a starting point, view patient results, etc.

You'll find a whole new world ahead of you with lots of information (and lots of people telling you which information is the right information...), so learn as much as you can so you can make the best informed decision for yourself.

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My views/opinions are my own and don't necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

Check out my hair loss website for photos

FUE surgery by Dr. Mohebi on 7/31/14
2,001 grafts - Ones: 607; Twos: 925; Threes: 413; Fours: 56

Thank you for the advice. I have been reading through the forum. There are quite a few doctors with good reputations. What criteria would you recommend in searching through them??? Some are located outside the US like Hansen, Rahal, and Erdogan seem to offer quality procedures for less. Is that because the exchange rates or just because all things medical in the US are more??? So, many choices...

• 2 weeks later...
I'm sure I missed it, advantages of FUT??? Disadvantages???

Advantages of FUE??? Disadvantages???

Do a topic search of some FUT/FUE threads and read up. You'll find people with very strong opinions both in support and against each method, and you'll find even more people who understand that each method serves its purpose. There are advantages and disadvantages to each of them.

I managed to find this thread for you to give you a jumpstart. It's long and has a lot of informative, back and forth dialogue for you to read and learn from.

Pros/Cons of FUE

Give that a go and see where it leads you.

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My views/opinions are my own and don't necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

Check out my hair loss website for photos

FUE surgery by Dr. Mohebi on 7/31/14
2,001 grafts - Ones: 607; Twos: 925; Threes: 413; Fours: 56

Think about how you will prefer to style your hair after the procedure. FUE is a less invasive surgical procedure, but FUT is less expensive. The U.S. docs perform the majority of hair transplants, but Belgium has good hair transplant resources too.

My opinions are my own. I am one representative of MyWHTC Clinic's European branch.

Consultation Dates & Cities for Dr. Patrick Mwamba

London, United Kingdom - Available (Sat.)

Zurich, Switzerland - Available (Saturday)

Bologna, Italy - Available (Saturday)

Brussles, Belgium - Available (Sun.-Sat.) *No Fee*

Dr. Patrick Mwamba is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians