Who is the best SMP clinic in the NYC area?

LT

I was told by Dr. True and Dr. Cohen that I am not a good HT candidate. Unfortunately I had 2 failed HT strip procedures done by a below average HT doctor over a decade ago. It was recommended that I should see Dr. Jae Pak from New Hair Institute in LA as the best in doing SMP. For me to travel to LA from the East Coast multiple times is really not possible I have to take time off from work and traveling costs.

It was also mentioned to me that Chris Headstrong in NYC is a very good at doing SMP. Can anyone give me some input on who does the best SMP in the NYC area?

At this point in my life I am a NW 5 and pushing 40. I am sick and tired of fighting hairloss and using dermatch forever. SMP sounds like a good option for me so I can conceal my 2 strip scars shave my head and move on with my life. I did get SMP done on my scars over 4 years ago and it has completely faded away.

My main concerns with SMP is it looking fake, turning blue or green, silly looking hairlines, and possibly side effects from the inks. Need advice please.

I was told by Dr. True and Dr. Cohen that I am not a good HT candidate. Unfortunately I had 2 failed HT strip procedures done by a below average HT doctor over a decade ago. It was recommended that I should see Dr. Jae Pak from New Hair Institute in LA as the best in doing SMP. For me to travel to LA from the East Coast multiple times is really not possible I have to take time off from work and traveling costs.

It was also mentioned to me that Chris Headstrong in NYC is a very good at doing SMP. Can anyone give me some input on who does the best SMP in the NYC area?

At this point in my life I am a NW 5 and pushing 40. I am sick and tired of fighting hairloss and using dermatch forever. SMP sounds like a good option for me so I can conceal my 2 strip scars shave my head and move on with my life. I did get SMP done on my scars over 4 years ago and it has completely faded away.

My main concerns with SMP is it looking fake, turning blue or green, silly looking hairlines, and possibly side effects from the inks. Need advice please.

I would take another direction in expert views. I would pursue the opinions of additional surgeons before attempting to correct the appearance of scars and improve the illusion of coverage. These are two different goals; and which may involve treating the scars (skin color and physical texture) before adding hair or simulated hair is effective as a solution.

My opinions are my own. I am one representative of MyWHTC Clinic's European branch.

Consultation Dates & Cities for Dr. Patrick Mwamba

London, United Kingdom - Available (Sat.)

Zurich, Switzerland - Available (Saturday)

Bologna, Italy - Available (Saturday)

Brussles, Belgium - Available (Sun.-Sat.) *No Fee*

Dr. Patrick Mwamba is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

I had some beautiful SMP done by "Ahead Ink" in NY. They are very professional and really know their stuff. I would check them out if I were you.

Edited by Cant decide

My Hairloss Web Site -

Procedure #1: 5229 Grafts with Dr. Rahal Oct, 2010

Procedure #2: 2642 Grafts with Dr. Rahal Aug, 2013

7871 Grafts

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=2452

Thanks for the shout out CD!

Hi LT,

I own a NYC-area SMP Clinic called AHEAD INK (formerly SMP Looks). If you visit our web site (our name.com) you can see examples of clients I've done "Buzz Look" work on as well as scar repair. I also have examples of my work on this forum.

I pride myself in doing SMP that looks 100% natural with attention to hairline design (I prefer jagged designs over straight lines). I'm always available for a free consultation if you like and we can discuss your options.

Erik Cavagnuolo

Owner/Chief Operator

email: info@aheadink.com

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

+1 for Ahead Ink. This is where we send our SMP patients. Excellent work!

Dr. Blake Bloxham is recommended by the Hair Transplant Network.

Hair restoration physician - Feller and Bloxham Hair Transplantation

Previously "Future_HT_Doc" or "Blake_Bloxham" - forum co-moderator and editorial assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, Hair Restoration Network, Hair Loss Q&A blog, and Hair Loss Learning Center.

Click here to read my previous answers to hair loss and hair restoration questions, editorials, commentaries, and educational articles.

Now practicing hair transplant surgery with Coalition hair restoration physician Dr Alan Feller at our New York practice: Feller and Bloxham Hair Transplantation.

Please note: my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

Thanks for the responses. I trust this community and I will contact Erik soon. I just wish I made the right decision over a decade ago when I first got on here I didn't go with a coalition doctor.

Hey LT

After you visit Ahead id also consider Matt Iulo in NYC. From when i did my research i saw he has been doing it a long time, started at HIS hair clinic then went on to open his own. Im very happy with my 2 sessions there. He was a pro.

personally i didnt like that chris guy, he seemed very sales to me, but its always good to look around.

good luck brother.

Thanks. Are we talking about Headstrong SMP in NYC? I spoke to that guy Chris over the phone I agree big salesman like. I don't know what the hell I'm going to do. It's very concerning to me doing SMP cover the whole scalp. I need to see people who have had it done up close. I don't need to make my situation any worse that it already is. I would at least get my 2 strip scars done with SMP again.

• 1 year later...

Bumping an old thread here if anyone comes across this in a search and is still looking for a solid recommendation. In no way affiliated, but I know recommendations can go a long way.

I went to Scalp Micro in NYC - Matt lulo is said to be a pioneer in this field. SMP is their profession. Not an additional service meant as another source of revenue. They also have an office in Houston if curious.

Matt helped treat my donor area scar and I couldn't be happier. It wasn't so much the scar that needed to be covered up as my Doctor did an incredible job of making this as tight as possible, but more so the surrounding areas of the scar where it was becoming thin.

Anyone using dermmatch to help conceal that area? I was. Now a part of the past. A beautiful thing.

Lt

I traveled a bit to Ahead Ink and I'm very glad I did. Erik is extremely reputable and professional. I believe there are so many clinics that come and go. Eric's work is undetectable and the he s as concerned as you with your procedure. I speak from experience of doing three sessions with him. Two on consecutive days and one more a month later.

I believe he is one of three or four clinics that are simply the best in the world and the standard!

Good luck

• 3 weeks later...