Botox in forehead after HT?

Just wondering is it safe to get Botox into the forehead after a transplant (just hairline).

If not, for how long do you have to wait it out? Whole year?

It paralyzes the local muscle but should not effect blood flow.

I have no idea but i would like to know a little bit about your experience with botox because i have thinking about it myself.

Have you had it before? Is it for the horisontal lines? Does it makes you forehead appears larger?

Works wonders. Been doing it for 6 years but I put it on hold in my post op year just to be sure it doesn't affect growth adversely. Just get someone who doesn't give you that frozen look.

It doesn't make your forehead look bigger. You just can't scrunch it as much.

I've botoxed thousands of patients over the last 20 years and probably 200 HT patients. With HT, I would wait until the swelling is gone or the botox might "migrate". We generally either botox a day or 2 before the surgery, or at suture removal on day 7.

Dr. Lindsey McLean VA

William H. Lindsey, MD, FACS

McLean, VA

Dr. William Lindsey is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

Dr Lindsey, would having botox 2 weeks before a HT cause any problems ?

Thank you for the help

I've botoxed thousands of patients over the last 20 years and probably 200 HT patients. With HT, I would wait until the swelling is gone or the botox might "migrate". We generally either botox a day or 2 before the surgery, or at suture removal on day 7.

Dr. Lindsey McLean VA

My concern would be the potential toxins in the Botox fluid so close in proximity the recipient area...:rolleyes:

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY