6 Months Post Fue Growth Question

I have read a lot on the forums and followed various growth posts. I had a 1100 FUE to the temples in May, by a top surgeon in North America. On my 3 month check up I had unbelievable growth. Now coming up at 6 months I havent notice the growth that I was achieving before. I notice the hairs getting thicker but I am not seeing new hair sprout over the past month and a half like I did between Month 2 and 4. I know I shouldnt be checking so often for new growth as you have all said its a waiting game but as you all know its hard!! I have looked for similar posts but have yet to find someone who had amazing early growth but minimal (in my eyes) at 6 months.

Thanks for the input.

Generally speaking, everyone grows at different rates. I don't think it's as important when that growth happens, as long as it happens. I was an early grower as well, and had fantastic results by the 6th month. From then on out, it was just a matter of maturing and thickening. But the end result was the same as if I had had minimal growth for the first 6 months and then grew a lot during months 6-9.

Hopefully that answers your question. Post some photos and we'll have a better idea of what you're dealing with.

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My views/opinions are my own and don't necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

Check out my hair loss website for photos

FUE surgery by Dr. Mohebi on 7/31/14
2,001 grafts - Ones: 607; Twos: 925; Threes: 413; Fours: 56

Many say that it takes a full 18 months for the final results to be truly apparent. I have read in a few places that at 6 months you are at 50% of where you can expect to be in 18 months. If I was you I would be patient and take monthly pics so you can really track your progress.

You started growing really early. I didn't really start growing until month 5. The new sprouts slowed down by mid-month 6 and just in the past few days as I hit the 7 month mark, I saw a whole bunch of new hairs sprouting just when I thought I might not have that many new sprouts to go!

It seems to come in fits and spurts and will keep coming in for a while and will then continue to thicken up for up to 18 months, so I know it's really hard, but be patient! You're still pretty early in the process.

1,792 graft FUE with Dr. James Harris (Denver, Colorado) on April 2-3, 2015

313 graft FUE with Dr. James Harris (Denver, Colorado) on May 3, 2016 to make it perfect!!!