Haircuts and Toppik

Yeah. You should probably remove it. It get a wash before the cut if your stylist knows you use it

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

Depends.

My loss bothered me to the point where I wouldnt be seen without it. I would go in for light trims frequently as to avoid a full haircut. Maybe a little insane but I own it. If youre ok with being seen without it, all the better for your haricut.

Depends.

My loss bothered me to the point where I wouldnt be seen without it. I would go in for light trims frequently as to avoid a full haircut. Maybe a little insane but I own it. If youre ok with being seen without it, all the better for your haricut.

with it in or not?

usually here in the uk, most guys that go in for a tidy up/trim will usually sit in the chair, the hairdresser will then spray the hair with water and then start with the cut. If you're going for a new style or something then they wash it first etc.

with it in or not?

usually here in the uk, most guys that go in for a tidy up/trim will usually sit in the chair, the hairdresser will then spray the hair with water and then start with the cut. If you're going for a new style or something then they wash it first etc.

I wouldnt allow myself to be seen without. So for me that meant a haircut that didnt address my front/middle. This was ok bc my hair was pushed back so he could still trim from sides and back. I'm likely an anomaly with how extreme I was.

I also left my toppik in 48-60 hrs. Not the best idea, but it looks so much better in your hair after it binds for more than 24 hrs. Probably wasnt the best idea, but it meant I didnt overcomb and abuse my hair like i was previously.

Net/ Net : if it doesnt bother you, def wash it out.

• 2 months later...
I wouldnt allow myself to be seen without. So for me that meant a haircut that didnt address my front/middle. This was ok bc my hair was pushed back so he could still trim from sides and back. I'm likely an anomaly with how extreme I was.

I also left my toppik in 48-60 hrs. Not the best idea, but it looks so much better in your hair after it binds for more than 24 hrs. Probably wasnt the best idea, but it meant I didnt overcomb and abuse my hair like i was previously.

Net/ Net : if it doesnt bother you, def wash it out.

I didn't know you can leave toppik in that long. Why did you say it wasn't the best idea if it looks better?

It looks better after 12 hrs because the product has settled and binded to your hair. It just does. I dont recommend leaving it in that long (48-64 hrs) even though I did without consequence before surgery bc its probably not the healthiest thing for your scalp.

Now 3.5 months post-op, I intend to wash daily for obvious reasons.

Is it ok to use Toppik or Gofybr 1.5 months after surgery? I've managed to hold onto a fair amount of grafts but I'd like to use Gofybr for a few nights out coming up.

Thanks

Confirm with your doctor, but most recommendations range from 10 days - 1 month post op. Once the recipient is fully healed the general feeling is that its ok to use concealers so long as you wash daily. That said, every doctor is different, so consult yours first.