Hello from North Carolina, USA

ruttrowg

I am 49 years old and have seen a significant thinning over the past 4 years.

This week I visited a clinic called Koher Center For Hair Restoration and was told for $9500 I can get the Strip FUT process to restore hair on the frontal mid scalp and crown.

I do not see many choices in North Carolina and was wondering if it is worth visiting other places for this procedure. I hear it is cheaper outside the U.S. and would like to hear from anyone that lives in the states that went elsewhere.

I probably will need to save up for the procedure and plan it for late 2016 so I have plenty of time to do ample research and choose a location.

Thank you.

h2.jpg.dca44894aea19c57669fa0b4c4449075.jpg

Edited by ruttrowg
grammar

I went to Dr. Vories in Mount Pleasant, SC. He only specializes in FUE. I cannot speak for my results yet as its only been 3 weeks but my experience was great. I believe his prices are competitive if not lower than his competitors. Might be worth it to check out as well as Dr. Cooley mentioned by Voxman.

1st Procedure, Oct. 2012 - 1,704 grafts FUT w/Dr. True

2nd Procedure, Sept. 2015 - 2500 grafts FUE w/Dr. Vories

FUE Progress - http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/180966-my-experience-w-dr-vories-2-500-grafts.html

FUE 1 year result - http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/184716-1-year-results-2-500-grafts-w-dr-vories.html

Definitely have more than one consultation. If you come overseas, choose Belgium as your destination.

My opinions are based on my beliefs and are simply my own. I am one representative of the WHTC clinic.

Free Consultation Dates & Cities for Dr. Patrick Mwamba

Brussels, Belgium - Available

London, United Kingdom - Available

Zurich, Switzerland - Available

Bologna, Italy - Available

Follow us: Facebook - Youtube - Pinterest

Dr. Patrick Mwamba is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

I agree with the others. Check out Vories and Cooley.

I'm glad you found this forum. Use this a resource going forward to do your research and ask questions. Using the list of recommended surgeons here is a fantastic starting point and can save you a lot of potential heartache down the road.

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My views/opinions are my own and don't necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

Check out my hair loss website for photos

FUE surgery by Dr. Mohebi on 7/31/14
2,001 grafts - Ones: 607; Twos: 925; Threes: 413; Fours: 56

• 1 month later...
I appreciate all the feedback. Dr. Cooley will be my next visit for a meet and quote.

GE

Did you get any further than North Carolina as of yet?

My opinions are my own. I am one representative of MyWHTC Clinic's European branch.

Consultation Dates & Cities for Dr. Patrick Mwamba

London, United Kingdom - Available (Sat.)

Zurich, Switzerland - Available (Saturday)

Bologna, Italy - Available (Saturday)

Brussles, Belgium - Available (Sun.-Sat.) *No Fee*

Dr. Patrick Mwamba is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

I put my search on hold until fall 2016. I am going to have to save up for the procedure first.

I am open to going out of NC, or even out of the country to have it done.

Looking at the below site, the procedure that costs $9000 in the US can be done there for $2200.

http://www.betterlooks.co.cr/hair-transplant.htm

Edited by ruttrowg
Left out something.

I put my search on hold until fall 2016. I am going to have to save up for the procedure first.

I am open to going out of NC, or even out of the country to have it done.

Looking at the below site, the procedure that costs $9000 in the US can be done there for $2200.

Hair Transplant Surgery Costa Rica ~ Hair Cosmetic Operation

It is more cost effective to go out of the country - but please be careful who you choose. For example look at the Drs this forum recommends.

You don't want to go to someone who does not have proven results. The place your looking at is unknown with unknown Drs doing the procedure. Its not even a sole Hair Transplant clinic. Its a plastic surgery place which does hair transplants as a side line.

Please choose carefully you still need to research many places with known Drs - and maybe do some online consultations too.

Glad to hear you're postponing your procedure until you have time to do more research and make a better decision. And while it's true that you're often able to get a much better price outside of the US, don't make money/price your number one priority. First and foremost, choose a top surgeon (no matter where they are located) who will give you results - otherwise, you could end up with lots of regrets.

As was suggested before, use the list on this site of suggested surgeons and let that guide you through the process. It doesn't mean that there aren't qualified surgeons that aren't on the list here, but using this list as your framework will really give you a leg up in the search.

And remember - results > price. :cool:

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My views/opinions are my own and don't necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

Check out my hair loss website for photos

FUE surgery by Dr. Mohebi on 7/31/14
2,001 grafts - Ones: 607; Twos: 925; Threes: 413; Fours: 56

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Ever since dr vories switched to manual extraction and did away with the neograft his results have been amazing.

Are you referring to yield and aesthetic quality of these results.

My opinions are my own. I am one representative of MyWHTC Clinic's European branch.

Are you referring to yield and aesthetic quality of these results.

I just learned that he uses motorized Cole vortex instruments so it's not true manual. But it seems like he has been having good looking results lately. Good coverage in relation amount of grafts placed so I'm assuming he's getting good yield with his methods.

• 2 months later...

Do you see any particular differences in transection rates among the methods, Appstatefan247?