uk Finasteride

madmaxwell

Hi.

I am based in the Uk and my doctor will only prescribe propecia by the month. They say this the rules. I found this a real pain to visit my doctor and get a new prescription every month and to have to re order every month.

I tried ordering 6 months worth with my Doctors prescription but the pharmacies refused as the prescription quite clearly only staes a months worth

I changed to Boots chemist who allow you to order 6 months worth at a time and that has been working out fine.

Propecia is expensive and i can now get legit generic finaseride at half the price but Boots dont sell it so in order to get it i will have to get my doctors prescription again but will be back to ordering each month which is a pain.

Does anyone know any Uk doctors who will prescribe 6 months worth of finasteride so i can order in bulk

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm a GP based in Yorkshire and also provide Finasteride medications as I know the difficulties some patients can have to obtain a legal and genuine supply of Finasteride. The medications will be dispensed from a local NHS Pharmacy and delivered direct to your home, within 7 days.

The total delivered fees for the medications are:

PROPECIA 1mg, 6 month supply = 330 Pounds (OR 580 Pounds for 12 months)

FINASTERIDE GENERIC 1mg, 6 month supply = 165 Pounds (OR 235 Pounds for 12 months)

PROSCAR 5mg, 12-15 month supply = 150 Pounds

FINASTERIDE GENERIC 5mg, 12-15 month supply = 100 Pounds

NB. For the 5mg tablets:12 month supply if each tablet is split into 4 or 15 month supply if each tablet is split into 5.

I can be contacted on kashsarwar@gmail.com for further details and the consultation forms.

Kashif Sarwar

GMC number: 6118961

• 1 month later...
I'm a GP based in Yorkshire and also provide Finasteride medications as I know the difficulties some patients can have to obtain a legal and genuine supply of Finasteride. The medications will be dispensed from a local NHS Pharmacy and delivered direct to your home, within 7 days.

FINASTERIDE GENERIC 1mg, 6 month supply = 165 Pounds (OR 235 Pounds for 12 months)

NB. For the 5mg tablets:12 month supply if each tablet is split into 4 or 15 month supply if each tablet is split into 5.

I can be contacted on kashsarwar@gmail.com for further details and the consultation forms.

Kashif Sarwar

I can confirm that Dr Sarwar gives a very good service. I received the medication within a few days of making the payment. I got the Proscar, for 50 pounds less than Dr Edgar charges for the same amount, so in my opinion Dr Sarwar is the better option to buy it from.

However, I'm finding it hard to split the Proscar pills equally into 5 pieces and without any crumbling. I can do an OK job but I'm wondering if everyone gets a little crumbling on cutting them up? Or should I use a better knife...

I can also confirm Dr Sarwar is top notch! I believe he is the cheapest in the UK

I'm not sure that's true? I get my Finasteride prescribed 4 months at a time by my local GP (since it's generic and usually intended for prostate treatments the meds are 28 x 5mg).

Also, the prices being quoted seem insane for what is exactly the same product. A 12 month supply costs me 15 pounds.

Hmm. I knew there was bound to be a significant price mark up for it to be worth their time to sell the drugs online, but it wasn't any more expensive than paying for a private GP consultation and getting it that way. Now I'm wondering if I should have asked my NHS GP. I'm seeing them today on an unrelated matter, I'll ask if they will give a private prescription.

P.S....So I saw the GP. She didn't even know what Proscar/Propecia etc. was. I told her, then she said to return tomorrow for my prescription. it'll be interesting to see how much it costs. I have a feeling I should have just used my GP.

Edited by LondonHTseeker

I'm not sure that's true? I get my Finasteride prescribed 4 months at a time by my local GP (since it's generic and usually intended for prostate treatments the meds are 28 x 5mg).

Also, the prices being quoted seem insane for what is exactly the same product. A 12 month supply costs me 15 pounds.

Today I got a prescription from my GP (for free) for generic Finasteride at 45 pounds a month, or 540 a year, from the local pharmacy. And Propecia is 780 pounds a year from the same pharmacy (I know I can get that cheaper through an online pharmacy I've used previously). My GP refused to give me a Proscar prescription because she didn't feel comfortable with me having to cut each pill into five.

So I have no idea how you get your Finasteride so cheaply, even though you get the 5mg tablets, but I'm satisfied Dr Sarwar's prices are fair.

My only issue now is cutting up the Proscar into five. I'm unconvinced it's as reliable as taking whole 1mg tablets a day, but I know it has worked for others so maybe I'm worrying unduly.

I don't want to take any more than the recommended dose, so I don't want to cut it into 4. Also, when I tried using a pill cutter it crumbled more than when I used a knife. Ugh, I don't know. I'm tempted to stick to 1mg a day tablets, except now that I've bought the Proscar I need to try to work it out (plus it's much cheaper). At the moment I'm using the last of my Propecia. It looks like I'll be cutting the Proscar into five as best I can and hoping it works..

Where in the UK are you? Maybe that affects the price somehow.

• 3 weeks later...
Hmm. I knew there was bound to be a significant price mark up for it to be worth their time to sell the drugs online, but it wasn't any more expensive than paying for a private GP consultation and getting it that way. Now I'm wondering if I should have asked my NHS GP. I'm seeing them today on an unrelated matter, I'll ask if they will give a private prescription.

P.S....So I saw the GP. She didn't even know what Proscar/Propecia etc. was. I told her, then she said to return tomorrow for my prescription. it'll be interesting to see how much it costs. I have a feeling I should have just used my GP.

I might have to see my GP then and as im in Scotland our prescriptions and meds are free.

• 6 months later...

I have also just used Dr. Kashif Sarwar, the process was quick and smooth. Thanks very much to this forum for pointing me in the right direction. I also ordered the 5mg and bought a cutter from eBay, its a bit fiddly but I've cut a months worth to keep me going. I will keep you updated on any progress, I am currently considering a transplant in Istanbul so wanted to get a head start, no pun intended!

• 7 months later...

Kashif Sarwar

Has anybody uses dr sarwar recently ? If so is this email address still current ? And are his prices still the same ? Cheers

Hi all , I've actually found a slightly cheaper source of legitimate finasteride here in the uk if anybody wants contact details please pm me .

Thanks to these understanding G.P's we can go on keeping our hair in place !! My own personal G.P looked at me like I was from outer space when I mentioned taking finasteride for mpb .... and the he swept his flowing locks out of his eyes ;)