FUE and Numbness in grafted area

I know this issue probably have been discussed but I got FUE 1,100 in hairline + PRP 7 days ago and I still have a lot of numbness in the grafted area and sites around it towards the back of my scalp. Is this normal? When should I really have to start worrying about this issue. I am already very worried as it has not gained any sensation since the HT (the area is healing well).

I ask my Dr. 3 days post-op he said it's completely normal because of so much meds (Corticosteroids, epinephrine, anesthesia etc) I got injected into the scalp.

• Administrators

Numbness is normal, it should subside with in 2-3 months, I had FUE months ago I had some numbness that is resolving itself now almost completely gone, nothing to worry about.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Nothing to worry about. Numbness is completely normal and will settle down in time.

I am an online representative for Farjo Hair Institute

Dr. Bessam Farjo is an esteemed member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions shared are my own.

Not to freak you out but it can take even up to one year for the numbness to dissipate. You did not have a large procedure so you should regain feeling much sooner than that.

It's a series of severed nerves from the incisions as to why the numbness occurs however they heal and regrow in a short period of time.

Congrats on your recent procedure...;)

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY