Any FUE doctors in the NY with a fair and competitive prices

custar

I'm looking to move down 1 nowrwood from 3 to 2. And have around $6k saved to spend, I wish doctors would not do the $ per hair and have a set price. Looking for 1 norwood down as I mentioned. Can anyone pm me or mention here any docs with experience and with friendly prices?

Welcome!

I suggest using our interactive map to locate the surgeons we recommend in the New York area and beyond. Some will publish their rates on their websites. For others, you'll need to contact them.

If you wish, you can schedule free online consultations with any of the physicians we recommend. You'll be able to get an idea of rerecorded graft counts and fees.

In the US FUE generally runs between $6 and $8 per graft from a reputable clinic but there are exceptions.

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

Thanks, one other thing, and yes I will read more about these two, but just a quick answer for this, is fut and fue sort of the same thing with the exception of a small scar in the back with fut and friendlier prices? I've only checked out fue so far but will check out fut next but the scar is putting off, I wonder why doctors dont just replace fut with fue if its almost the same thing without the scar and give fue better pricing

custar,

It is apparent that you are just beginning your research into hair transplantation. There are numerous threads here with dozens if not hundreds of pages devoted to the FUT vs. FUE debate. PLEASE take your time, do your research, read everything you can about hair transplantation, including the differences between extraction of follicular units via FUT (strip) vs. extraction of follicular units via FUE.

Finally, PLEASE consider that you are contemplating COSMETIC SURGERY, not buying a pound of sugar or other interchangeable commodity. Forget about "fair and competitive" pricing and look for the surgeon(s) producing, to your eye, the very best, most consistent results (they should have a large folio of befores and afters). A lot of cosmetic surgeons do nose jobs and face lifts, for example, but I think you'll find that the ones who try to compete primarily on price are surgeons you'd rather avoid.

As a starting point, go through the numerous threads in the "Results Posted by Leading Hair Restoration Clinics," "Hair Restoration Results Posted by Patients," and "FUE (Follicular Unit Extraction)" sections of this forum, and visit the web sites of the surgeons/clinics that impress you, and schedule virtual or in-person consultations with them.

Be willing to travel to wherever that surgeon(s) you rate best for you might be located. Again, this is cosmetic surgery with life-long consequences you're contemplating. If right now you can't afford the work of the doctor(s) you rate the best, or if you can't arrange for financing of your procedure through your chosen clinic or through other avenues, then WAIT until you can afford it.

Good luck!

If you've saved up $6,000, spend another $350 for a plane ticket so you can have the surgery done by the doctor you're most comfortable with. This is a very big decision, so your choice in doctors is very important. I'm an advocate for Dr. Vories because my results were exceptional. It was certainly worth a plane ticket to get it done by him. He charges $4/$5 per graft and does all the extractions and insertions himself. I'm glad you're leaning towards FUE. I was never willing to have the 8 inch linear scar from FUT. Best of luck to you.

5b32e86e4ea5e_BeforeandAfter.jpg.ad20509d3e7b6b1cd5a1104d0d681ea3.jpg

I am an online representative for Carolina Hair Surgery & Dr. Mike Vories (Recommended on the Hair Transplant Network).

View John's before/after photos and videos:  http://www.MyFUEhairtransplant.com

You can email me at johncasper99@gmail.com

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

PupDaddy gave you sound advice.....You have A LOT of homework to do before committing to any type of HT surgery. Spend time researching HTs until you no longer have to ask questions such as "What's the difference between FUE and FUT?" Also consult with a few doctors. In the meantime save more money. Very few guys are one and done with HTs because MPB is progressive and sometimes aggressive.

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com