Is there a point of getting a consolation with a doctor you're not even considering?

I'm turning 26 next month and have never had my hair professionally assessed.

I live in Vancouver, so I could go see Hasson & Wong for a consolation. However, I am strongly considering going overseas for FUE one of these years.

Would it be a waste of $100 to get a in-person consolation right now? This is my hair:

5gv2teZ.jpg

Nb5c5YA.jpg

I mean, what could they even tell me besides, "Yeah, you have some recession and should get on fin." Is it worth going just to get my donor area looked at? Would they be able to guess how much more I'm destined to lose?

You have one of the best HT clinics on the clinic right in your backyard - you should definitely go consult with them and see what they have to say - & yes, get on Fin

Can't take fin. Tried it once and got very bad mental side effects.

I think it's worthwhile especially as they are so close. There are so many things you can't know about without being told by a professional such as your donor supply, laxity, how many grafts will be needed to achieve your goals etc you don't want to fly to Europe to be told that your donor is very weak and that surgery isn't for you.

2,000 grafts FUT Dr. Feller, July 27th 2012. 23 years old at the time. Excellent result. Need crown sorted eventually but concealer works well for now.

Propecia and minoxidil since 2010. Fine for 8 years - bad sides after switching to Aindeem in 2018.

Switched to topical fin/minox combo from Minoxidil Max in October 2020, along with dermarolling 1x a week.

Wrote a book for newbies called Beating Hair Loss, available on Amazon

" Is it worth going just to get my donor area looked at? Would they be able to guess how much more I'm destined to lose?

No nobody will be able to tell you that.

However, I am strongly considering going overseas for FUE one of these years.

That's a very good game plan. Your hair is still very great at this moment. If I were you I would still wait like 1-3 years. Just chill out a few months, your hairline will probably regress more considering you can't go on finasteride and then fill the space up with a lovely FUE from a elite surgeon!

Proud to be a representative of world elite hair transplant surgeon Dr. Bisanga - BHR Clinic.

Hairtransplantelite.com

YouTube

Online consultations: damian@bhrclinic.com

It never hurts to get as many opinions as you desire. You never know what you might learn from the discussions and if anything, you get more informed in the process.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY