*PHOTOS* Is there something wrong here? Feller and Bloxham, Great Neck, NY

Dr. Alan Feller

There is something wrong with the case being presented below. Can you figure out what happened and what is not quite right about this presentation? What do you think the plan was, and what actually happened? This is definitely a trick, but if you're really good, you'll figure it out pretty quickly. HT doctors invited to chime in but all may try for the prize.

wrongseries.jpg.ebad030f57915a259649bb7a8ed5cdab.jpg

There is something wrong with the case being presented below. Can you figure out what happened and what is not quite right about this presentation? What do you think the plan was, and what actually happened? This is definitely a trick, but if you're really good, you'll figure it out pretty quickly. HT doctors invited to chime in but all may try for the prize.

weeeelllll, this is very interesting...I don't see any trick tho. Looks like you filled in the guy in the first picture and then he lost all the hair around it in the second picture. Whats the trick? And what's the prize ;) ????

Reinforced the forelock but lost more hair. Now wears a hair system behind it?

4,312 FUT grafts (7,676 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2013

1,145 FUE grafts (3,152 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2018

763 FUE grafts (2,094 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - January 2020

Proscar 1.25mg every 3rd day

I think the doctor/ rep, intentionally pulled his hair back in the preoperative picture to give the impression that he had less hair than he actually did. If not is incorrect, it has to do with the hand manipulating the picture in my opinion.

Like last time, these answers are awesome! You guys definitely touch on some interesting points that I wouldn't have considered.

Dr. Blake Bloxham is recommended by the Hair Transplant Network.

Hair restoration physician - Feller and Bloxham Hair Transplantation

Previously "Future_HT_Doc" or "Blake_Bloxham" - forum co-moderator and editorial assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, Hair Restoration Network, Hair Loss Q&A blog, and Hair Loss Learning Center.

Click here to read my previous answers to hair loss and hair restoration questions, editorials, commentaries, and educational articles.

Now practicing hair transplant surgery with Coalition hair restoration physician Dr Alan Feller at our New York practice: Feller and Bloxham Hair Transplantation.

Please note: my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

Newbie FTW ('for the win') ; )

Previously "Future_HT_Doc" or "Blake_Bloxham" - forum co-moderator and editorial assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, Hair Restoration Network, Hair Loss Q&A blog, and Hair Loss Learning Center.

Click here to read my previous answers to hair loss and hair restoration questions, editorials, commentaries, and educational articles.

Now practicing hair transplant surgery with Coalition hair restoration physician Dr Alan Feller at our New York practice: Feller and Bloxham Hair Transplantation.

Please note: my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

This isn't a before-after presentation? It's two shots of the patient before he had work done? The photo on the right was taken at his consultation? The photo on the left was the day of surgery after he was marked but before it commenced?

In other words, there was a mix-up when compiling this patient's case photos? Both are "before" photos, taken months apart (note the longer hair in the photo on the left) that could be, and possibly were initially confused for before-after photos of work on the patient's frontal forelock?

Hmmm ... more interesting ideas. Guess we will see soon!

In other words, there was a mix-up when compiling this patient's case photos? Both are "before" photos, taken months apart (note the longer hair in the photo on the left) that could be, and possibly were initially confused for before-after photos of work on the patient's frontal forelock?

You are so close, Pup. So close !

Ok, time to give the answer.

The photos are REVERSED. The photo on the right is the BEFORE photo. He had a good forelock, but the rest of his hair was gone. The photo on the left is the AFTER photo. After about 10 months. The hair you see me holding back were the hairs we transplanted around the forelock 10 months prior.

What actually happened is that he had a very strong forelock so we transplanted around it. But hair loss being as unpredictable as it is he lost it sooner so it left a hole where it used to be.

If you look at the photo series included here you will see in the real after photo at your far right he has a nice thick top thanks to his transplants, but a hole visible where the forelock used to be. So he is now booked in for a second smaller procedure.

series.jpg.cbd35be610df1d04a77ceb4373d4844b.jpg