Good or poor SMP???

Hi all just had my SMP done could you let me know what you think please.

image.jpg.976c7f5e01a725624019240f27df8fa8.jpg

Day 1

Done at immortal cosmetics Carlisle

using World Famous Cosmetic Inks from America

and took 4 hours total and will need another session to complete

Edited by boldave

Hard to tell from the pics, but I think the dots might be a little too large and spaced out. Keep this in mind for session 2 and maybe you can fill in the gaps.

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group

Hi Boldave,

SMP results usually take a few passes before you can judge if they are a good result or not. One reason is that you can only lay so many dots in a single pass before the skin gets irritated. Therefore you will not be at full density and there will likely be some gaps between the dots. I have heard some SMP practitioners say their dots start large and get smaller. I'm not sure of the reason behind this because I use a very specific product that actually does not start large. So, the main issues with your SMP as far as I can tell--and as have been pointed out to you by other forum members (large dot size and low density)--could change.

That being said, what also concerns me is the shape of those dots. When a SMP needle is inserted, the practitioner needs to insert and retract in a perfect straight line. If it's done slightly angled, the resulting pigment deposit will likely appear as a line or a dot with a tail. There can also be inconsistency in the dots' size, color, etc. if the needle is inserted too deep, and/or at varying depths. I do see some evidence of this in your scalp.

Have you seen examples of your practitioner's work before committing to this? I looked them up and noticed they do some amazing permanent makeup applications (their areola work is really quite good) but did not see any SMP results. SMP is a very specific subset of micro pigmentation and requires specialized tools, pigments, training and techniques. Make certain your provider has these in place before committing to another pass.

Also, attached are two side-by-side comparisons of your hairline with a client I recently posted. The first picture shows my client on the right side after one pass, the second shows him again on the right side after 3 passes (2 consecutive days of SMP plus a touchup pass a month later). I hope this helps....

5b32e7ae77286_BA111copy.jpg.b25530e05be7457e87ed3c8b9dd84e6c.jpg

5b32e7ae8ec39_SMPComparisoncopy.jpg.07cd2ed838189a579487de54a04ccf4d.jpg

Edited by hairthere

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

thanks for the replys guys

i have noticed now that the guy was using dots and lines to match my hair length instead of just dots also he was using a tattoo gun not sure the grade of the needle used tho and he used 6 shades of brown to match.

Boldave, As I told you in a PM, I would not return for a second pass. If they are indeed using tattoo equipment there is no way this will look better. In fact it will only get much worse I'm sorry to say. Please keep us in the loop as to how you make out.

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

• 1 month later...

What is the price for the first session?

My opinions are my own. I am one representative of MyWHTC Clinic's European branch.

Consultation Dates & Cities for Dr. Patrick Mwamba

London, United Kingdom - Available (Sat.)

Zurich, Switzerland - Available (Saturday)

Bologna, Italy - Available (Saturday)

Brussles, Belgium - Available (Sun.-Sat.) *No Fee*

Dr. Patrick Mwamba is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

• 3 weeks later...

I see your located in the UK. I had some great SMP done at "SMP Looks" (Hairthere) in NY so I would highly recommend them if you are willing to travel.

My Hairloss Web Site -

Procedure #1: 5229 Grafts with Dr. Rahal Oct, 2010

Procedure #2: 2642 Grafts with Dr. Rahal Aug, 2013

7871 Grafts

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=2452