Advice need on repair work please!

Just wondering if anyone could address this question for me please.

If a person is looking to have further work done on a previous bad hair transplant procedure and part of it entails extracting some of the old grafts in order to reposition them in a correct manner.

Is it is possible to have this done on the same day as a regular transplant in that area?

For example, I am looking at improving an old procedure on the frontal part. It will require additional grafts obviously and I believe some of the old grafts will need repositioning. Would I need to have the old grafts repositioned first and then in a subsequent procedure down the road then have my hair transplant to the frontal zone or could both issues be dealt with on the same day?

Thank You.

Edited by leindub

Just bumping this again. Anybody know if you can have some of your current old transplant grafts extracted and repositioned together with a new hair transplant in the same area of your head on the same day you're booked in for your procedure?

Have you looked into docs that are experts in repairs? You may want to consult woth them to see if it is possible to do it all in one day. Will probably depend on how many grafts need to be moved. Dr Bisanga, Dr Umar, Dr Karadeniz may be good docs to start iff and get consults from to see what can b done.

Edited by Sean
Spelling

Depends on how many old grafts you need to reposition or punch out. Typically, camouflage work with new grafts does a good enough to where you do not need to reposition much of the older grafts. For instance, I had about 20 punch outs done in my hairline and then 2,300 grafts with my first procedure with Dr. Paul Shapiro. You should definitely present your case with pictures to doctors with fine reputations for repair.

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group

Depends on how many old grafts you need to reposition or punch out. Typically, camouflage work with new grafts does a good enough to where you do not need to reposition much of the older grafts. For instance, I had about 20 punch outs done in my hairline and then 2,300 grafts with my first procedure with Dr. Paul Shapiro. You should definitely present your case with pictures to doctors with fine reputations for repair.

Thanks a million for your reply. It is just that I read recently on a hair surgeons website on here that extracted old hair grafts after repositioning need time to regrow and the area fully heel before further or additional work could be carried out in that zone.

In my situation, I don't believe too many old grafts need extracting and repositioning but as I intend to travel, it seems not being able to do both, repositioning of some old grafts and a new transplant simultaneously to that area on the same day will incur much extra costs unfortunately through additional time and procedures including flights and recovery and procedure.

Edited by leindub