Using clippers to cut recipient sites after hair transplant

Maybe it's just my paranoia and worrying running rampant, but I'm planning to get a haircut almost 4 weeks after my transplant. I understand that getting a haircut is ok, but is using actual clippers to cut the recipient sites ok, too? It shouldn't make a difference as long as the grafts are set (and by that time, they definitely are), right?

I wanted to use #6 clippers on the top of my head and all over the rest of my head to even out what was cut out at my donor area during my strip procedure.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!!!

I recently had FUT and my surgeon advised it was ok to use clippers after day 14, but he said just go over the hair gently. I had no problems on day 14 when I went to the barbers

At one month post-op, you should be fine and especially with a #6 guard.

Congrats on your recent procedure...;)

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

Different docs will tell you different things, but at this point in your recovery, I don't see any reason why you shouldn't be able to do it. I kept mine buzzed for the first 3 months or so so that once the new hairs started growing back in, they would all be even with my native hairs.

Congrats on the procedure!

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My views/opinions are my own and don't necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

Check out my hair loss website for photos

FUE surgery by Dr. Mohebi on 7/31/14
2,001 grafts - Ones: 607; Twos: 925; Threes: 413; Fours: 56

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, luckily I'm a fast thinker. I was able to buy a Cover Me Grey pen stick from Sally's Beauty to blotch on my donor scar. It's not totally gone, but it's SO MUCH BETTER. For anyone to notice it, they'd have to literally hold the back of my head and examine it really close.

On that note, I really need a general answer to this question. I got a strip transplant a month ago, so how long do I have to wait before the donor scar is healed to the point that #6 clippers would still be able to hide the scar with my native hair?

Anyone?

Thanks. Much appreciated.

Oooooh. The anxiety about this whole experience is definitely not my cup of tea!!!