mission impossible movie

Spanker

Simon Pegg, pretty good transplant but a trained eye can pick it out.

Simon McBurney, well, a blind man could. This is a great example of why you should be dedicated to further procedures with further hair loss and why too aggressive can be unnatural.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

So, Pegg, yes - because he has more hair now than 10 years ago. But I genuinely thought McBurney had an odd pattern of baldness. You really think he's had the hairline filled in at some point?

I think so, if not, it's a very odd hair line for nature. Excellent actor though.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

Simon Pegg definitely had a transplant. It's a good one! But, like Spank said, our trained eyes pick up on this. I thought the other actor just suffered from more of a FPHL type of alopecia?

Dr. Blake Bloxham is recommended by the Hair Transplant Network.

Hair restoration physician - Feller and Bloxham Hair Transplantation

Previously "Future_HT_Doc" or "Blake_Bloxham" - forum co-moderator and editorial assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, Hair Restoration Network, Hair Loss Q&A blog, and Hair Loss Learning Center.

Click here to read my previous answers to hair loss and hair restoration questions, editorials, commentaries, and educational articles.

Now practicing hair transplant surgery with Coalition hair restoration physician Dr Alan Feller at our New York practice: Feller and Bloxham Hair Transplantation.

Please note: my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

Simon Pegg definitely had a transplant. It's a good one! But, like Spank said, our trained eyes pick up on this. I thought the other actor just suffered from more of a FPHL type of alopecia?

I guess it's possible, but wow, very blunt corners, low hair line, etc. I just thought he got something done about ten years ago or more. I could be wrong, but that's what you'd get if you transplanted the hair line and never followed up.

View Spanker's Website

Great movie, BTW!

Previously "Future_HT_Doc" or "Blake_Bloxham" - forum co-moderator and editorial assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, Hair Restoration Network, Hair Loss Q&A blog, and Hair Loss Learning Center.

Click here to read my previous answers to hair loss and hair restoration questions, editorials, commentaries, and educational articles.

Now practicing hair transplant surgery with Coalition hair restoration physician Dr Alan Feller at our New York practice: Feller and Bloxham Hair Transplantation.

Please note: my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

Good, but probably not the the best MI movie. It was enjoyable though. Took my daughter to it while her sweet sixteen surprise party was being organized and she had a great surprise after the movie, so I'll always remember it.

View Spanker's Website

Never seen any MI movie (and surely by now they've worked out it's likely to be possible?), but being a Brit I've seen McBurney in various things over the years (especially recommend a lovely, tender sit-com called 'Rev'). He had a lovely head of hair and seems to have been thinning diffusely for about 10-15 years, though the hairline seems fairly intact for about a centimeter. Here' some pics: https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=simon+mcburney&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0CAgQ_AUoAmoVChMI4NG7s62KxwIVZgbbCh0UegHx

Simon Pegg, pretty good transplant but a trained eye can pick it out.

Simon McBurney, well, a blind man could. This is a great example of why you should be dedicated to further procedures with further hair loss and why too aggressive can be unnatural.

It's amazing how "normal" people can almost NEVER pick one out. I keep telling people x or y has clearly had a hair transplant and the answer is always the same "don't be silly/ridiculous", "their hair is normal" etc. They can only ever spot it in someone who was already VERY significantly balding.

Pegg is a prime example though I spotted it on Graham Norton's show while he was doing promotional work for the movie prior to MI.

I watched The World's End the other day and could almost instantly tell Simon Peg had a transplant.

Speaking of Mission Impossible, I'm convinced Tom Cruise wears a wig.

2,000 grafts FUT Dr. Feller, July 27th 2012. 23 years old at the time. Excellent result. Need crown sorted eventually but concealer works well for now.

Propecia and minoxidil since 2010. Fine for 8 years - bad sides after switching to Aindeem in 2018.

Switched to topical fin/minox combo from Minoxidil Max in October 2020, along with dermarolling 1x a week.

Wrote a book for newbies called Beating Hair Loss, available on Amazon

Never seen any MI movie (and surely by now they've worked out it's likely to be possible?), but being a Brit I've seen McBurney in various things over the years (especially recommend a lovely, tender sit-com called 'Rev'). He had a lovely head of hair and seems to have been thinning diffusely for about 10-15 years, though the hairline seems fairly intact for about a centimeter. Here' some pics: https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=simon+mcburney&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0CAgQ_AUoAmoVChMI4NG7s62KxwIVZgbbCh0UegHx

Why does he wear his hair like this? It looks terrible. He would look 1000000000x better if he just buzzed it.

Yeah, I think McBurney's hair loss is best described as a FPHL pattern. I would call it "diffuse patterned alopecia," but he really did retain his hairline like a female hair loss sufferer. I'd probably classify him as a Ludwig II-III:

Ludwig-scale1.jpg

Technically, Ludwig pattern I patients don't have any hairline involvement, but I would say his has at least thinned (making him a II or III).

Didn't Pegg discuss it publicly once? He's absolutely had one. I've seen Shaun of the Dead and Hot Fuzz way too many times to doubt that. Haha. He was smart about it though. Very, very natural and age appropriate design.

I think Tom Cruise is just one of those crazy lucky guys like Brad Pitt, Ronald Regan, and Sean Hannity who simply never had ANY hairline maturation. They still have (or had) the pattern they did as a child.

I'd say that Cruise doesn't wear a wig to. But he has a, more mature hairline that Reagan or Hannity, but getting a mature hairline doesn't mean he has mpb. All lucky guys for sure.

View Spanker's Website

Spanker,

I hadn't seen Cruise with short hair in a while. Just googled it; you're right, he does have a bit more maturation than Reagan or Hannity. But I agree with you, no real MPB for sure!

While we're on the subject ...

Jeremy Renner has great hair too. Great natural density and very thick caliber hairs.

Funny, I actually think Pitt does too. Watch Meet Joe Black, and look at him in an interview (easily found by typing in Brad Pitt interview wig into youtube). Something going on there.

Maybe it's his natural hair when very short, but as soon as there is any real length I think it looks too perfect and that it sort of sits on his head slightly.

2,000 grafts FUT Dr. Feller, July 27th 2012. 23 years old at the time. Excellent result. Need crown sorted eventually but concealer works well for now.

Propecia and minoxidil since 2010. Fine for 8 years - bad sides after switching to Aindeem in 2018.

Switched to topical fin/minox combo from Minoxidil Max in October 2020, along with dermarolling 1x a week.

Wrote a book for newbies called Beating Hair Loss, available on Amazon

Tommy,

I think a lot of actors actually wear small frontal pieces in movies and at public events. Even guys with good hair. Jackman and Cooper are a few who come to mind.

JFK had awesome hair, so did his brothers Bobby and Ted. I admire these guys and they my hero's. I literally have read every book about them and have seen old videos. When Ted Kennedy died a few years ago, he still was a NW0! Funny their father was a NW7!