Hairlines & Hair stlyes after HT

Hi All,

I'm new to the forum after researching hair loss solutions for the last 5 or so years. I'm currently attending/booking/submitting some assessments with the doctors as I'd like to go ahead with surgery.

One of my concerns is the resulting quality of the transplanted hair, and being able to style it the way I'd like. Alot of before and after pictures are impressive in many ways, but I don't often see guys with similar hair styles that I'd like to achieve. (Which is styled medium legnth and up at the front in a quiff). Alot of the pictures I see are guys who wear it short, or down at the front.

I wanted to ask those who have had a HT whether it's difficult to style and manage the new hair, and whether longer hair styles are possible?

It seems alot of it is to do with doner hair, and what's already in place on top. I'd say I'm around N3 (Receded hairline, particularly the temples, some thinning in mid scalp). The donor hair area is managable hair, fairly thick and straight.

Also regarding hairlines, it seems a lot of the best looking results are built around existing hairlines, which is a concern as I'd like mine slightly lower than where it is now.

I have so far been assessed by a nurse in a Harley street clinic as having a reasonable donor area density (although not great), and needing around 5000 hairs to the front & mid scalp (Achieving good density). The hair line she outined was conservative and was pretty much where my hairline is now, and ideally I'd like it 5-6mm lower down. In my opinion it would still be reasonably high and age appropriate for the future.

Does anyone have experience in this situation? Is achieving slighlty lower hairline possible!?

I'm waiting on some assements from Dr Reddy, Dr Bisanga, Dr Lorenzo, Dr Zioga so I shall soon have more of an idea of what is possible.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

I guess I'm trying to set expectations and figure out what the outcomes are most likley to be like!

Cheers

Bobbat68

Hi,

Not yet, although I'm due to see Dr Reddy soon. (It was a nurse from the Private Clinic that initially saw me first).

I'm interested to get Dr Reddy's opinion, however alot of what I have read suggests that Brussels is a better option, so I'm booked to see Dr Bisanga in the coming weeks!

In fact I havent found much recent info UK surgeons compared to the rest of Europe, so I'm unsure whether they are still behind in quality as older posts and articles suggest.

Hi, just so I can give the best advice I'd like you to answer a few questions:

How old are you?

Are you on propecia or would consider taking propecia to prevent future hair loss?

It sounds like you would like a fairly aggressive hairline design. This needs to be weighed up against potential future hair loss.

I would steer clear from any clinic not recommended here. In addition, Dr Reddy is good but he is extremely conservative in terms of graft numbers. In addition, he is ?8 per graft.

You will find Dr Bisanga is conservative too.

If you want FUE with a more youthful hairline so you can style it, I would recommend Dr erdogan in Turkey. Have a look at his results.

Propecia since July 2008

2201 Grafts with Dr Lorenzo on 19.10.22 - See my write up here:

It all depends on how much hair you have lost and how much is going to be transplanted and other characteristics. Is it possible to have a stylish hairstyle, yes but again that depends. I was a NW3 and have attached some before and after photos to demonstrate how my hair looks and how i style it.

5b32e78ab2cca_ScreenShot2015-07-30at10_00_29PM.png.a3a51f1bbe5f7728b69b78f7ceaf9a6b.png

5b32e78adaf14_ScreenShot2015-07-30at10_00_57PM.png.6836f38d91d3390bbf9e2e250af8c17b.png

IMG_2010.jpg.daf3a5ddc80ea74601b0cd41a12f597c.jpg

IMG_2011.jpg.a09e120c690bd0ecf10949eb344822a3.jpg

Hi All,

Thanks for the replies.

I'm 32 (hair loss started mid 20s). I lost alot quickly and it has substatially slowed down over the last few years. I've just started taking procecia, and regain.

In terms of hairlines, I'm trying not to be too aggressive. I'd like it relatively high, just a little lower than where it has receded to. I actually suit a more curved hairline (opposed to a flatter (more youthful) hairline).

I recently saw Dr Reddy for a consultation. He was very pleasant to talk to, and was very positive about my case. He actually outlined a hairline similar to what I had in mind and suggested that I'd have good density. Dr Reddy also seemed positive about me being able to style it how I'd like. So I'm feeling quite positive.

I will still look into some of the other doctors, and appreciate the recommendation of Dr Erdogan. I'm still unsure on the whole U.K vs the rest of Europe thing. Can anyone help point me in the right direction for waying up going to Europe (Bisanga, Feriduni, lorenzo) rather than the UK? I'm aware of price differences, so I'm more concerned with quality differences.

BMW1990 - Thanks for uploading some pictures, I really appreciate it. Your hair looks great by the way. I'm starting off from a similar point and I'd be very happy if I could achieve similar results!

Bobbat68

I had these same concerns you did when I first started researching, but the hair can be styled any way you want and you can grow it as long as you want too.

2,000 grafts FUT Dr. Feller, July 27th 2012. 23 years old at the time. Excellent result. Need crown sorted eventually but concealer works well for now.

Propecia and minoxidil since 2010. Fine for 8 years - bad sides after switching to Aindeem in 2018.

Switched to topical fin/minox combo from Minoxidil Max in October 2020, along with dermarolling 1x a week.

Wrote a book for newbies called Beating Hair Loss, available on Amazon

• 5 years later...